Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sorry if I came off short with my previous response. When I bought the first Rebel 500, I had NOT been looking for a bike but I saw an ad for it and thought it was a great looking bike - so different than anything out there. I'd been without a bike for a year or two before that and couldn't resist it. I really enjoyed the Rebel but it was just a tad uncomfortable and I saw the S and viewed it as an upgraded Rebel (tachometer, gear indicator, adjustable levers, forward riding position etc.). The Vulcan is a nice bike but then I wanted a more traditional V-Twin cruiser so I went for the Shadow and I got it for a decent price. What I missed most about the Rebel was the quickness, flickability, looks and above all, this community. I still love the laid-back feel of the Shadow but the Rebel is just so versatile and FUN. The Rebel is still a little uncomfortable for longer rides but I'm hoping a Mustang seat on order will make a bit of a difference (I have a Corbin seat but it sits down low so my knees are up in the air). They each have their place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sorry if I came off short with my previous response. When I bought the first Rebel 500, I had NOT been looking for a bike but I saw an ad for it and thought it was a great looking bike - so different than anything out there. I'd been without a bike for a year or two before that and couldn't resist it. I really enjoyed the Rebel but it was just a tad uncomfortable and I saw the S and viewed it as an upgraded Rebel (tachometer, gear indicator, adjustable levers, forward riding position etc.). The Vulcan is a nice bike but then I wanted a more traditional V-Twin cruiser so I went for the Shadow and I got it for a decent price. What I missed most about the Rebel was the quickness, flickability, looks and above all, this community. I still love the laid-back feel of the Shadow but the Rebel is just so versatile and FUN. The Rebel is still a little uncomfortable for longer rides but I'm hoping a Mustang seat on order will make a bit of a difference (I have a Corbin seat but it sits down low so my knees are up in the air). They each have their place.
It's fine and I really appreciate your insight. I may have already chosen a motorcycle, but I'm still interested in learning more about other bikes.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts