Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am brand new to this forum. I am on the fence about getting a Honda Rebel 500. My only dilemma is that the controls are a bit tight for me. I would like them to be a bit more forward for me. Does anyone know where I can get some extenders for the gear shift leave and the rear brake lever? Any help will be much appreciated as I really like these bikes!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys. I am brand new to this forum. I am on the fence about getting a Honda Rebel 500. My only dilemma is that the controls are a bit tight for me. I would like them to be a bit more forward for me. Does anyone know where I can get some extenders for the gear shift leave and the rear brake lever? Any help will be much appreciated as I really like these bikes!!
I've seen some available... a quick Google search: FORWARD CONTROLS REBEL 500

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just don't want to mar the looks of a new bike.
If Forward Controls were a must-have for me, I'd look at other bikes. I love the foot-position on my Rebel 500, reminds me of my old Adventure Bike, because I can stand up over the rough stuff - which really helps the Rebel's harsh suspension (stock).

I already have a couple bikes with forward controls, so I wanted something different. I did add the H2C Crash Bars that I can throw my legs up upon, and I might still add some more pegs to those for even more positional variety. Good luck.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you're dropping that much money you might be better off getting something that fits from the get-go.
I really wanted a Suzuki M109R or C50, but was just a bit too big for me to handle at this point. The rebel fit perfectly so I went with that.
Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dollarbill181 you can give me all of the change that you can spare! LOL I really appreciate the input!
Rebelution you reminded me of a good point! I would need to be able to stand straight up on some occasions where I live!! Thanks for the different point of view!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 6-feet, and today I just got used to using my CrashBars as Stretch-Out-Leg-Rests. They're awesome. I stood up a lot over a bunch of rough stuff. Took it off-road in the dirt for a bit of shenanigans too. The Crash Bars worked well as leg rests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts