Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same question about what that fluid is in the plugged clear drain tube? does anyone know? is there always a little in there after a ride?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the same question about what that fluid is in the plugged clear drain tube? does anyone know? is there always a little in there after a ride?
Read the previous three posts. Drain and carry on. It is usually seen more in areas with higher humidity also when you tend to ride shorter distances and then shutting down the engine again, not letting the engine entirely evaporate the built up condensation. The drain hose collects the excess moisture and you are to drain a necessary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally, I understand that the leaking oil from the oil drain is a residue from chain lubricants. I just run my motorcycle for a few minutes and by the time I parked, I just realized when my chain was very dry, I tried lubricating the chain with a tiny sprikle of chain lubricants. Doing it by turning on my bike and put it into first gear, and a lot of oil squirting from the chain. I hope this solved our problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Relax everyone - its normal.
And yes it is more noticeable out in the hot sun of summer.
It has to be a combo of the airbox drain tube, the gas tank, and humidity, heat of the engine, ect...
Meisterofkitchen - that is one clean machine. I dont have to time to keep mine so clean!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts