Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum, I did a oil & filter change only 1,532 miles ago. Yes I used MA certified oil 10-40 (can't find 10-30). This was my 2nd oil change using the same oil. I currently have 4,400 miles on the bike.
The problem is the oil has a dark RED tint to it AND the oil level is higher! It went from middle of sight glass to top mark on sight glass??? Oil level checked through site glass cold about every third ride.
Coolant level is perfect and has not changed. Coolant is blue & clean. I use Chevron or name brand gas 91 Octane.
What could be the issue here??? How is it even possible???
Two motorcycle riding friends took a look and have never seen anything like it. One suggested it could be crankcase / Evap contamination?

I guess I will do another oil and filter change to get a better look and see if the oil has a odd smell or any noticeable other factors.

PLEASE post your thoughts I will check back in after oil change and update post

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hello Forum, I did a oil & filter change only 1,532 miles ago. Yes I used MA certified oil 10-40 (can't find 10-30). This was my 2nd oil change using the same oil. I currently have 4,400 miles on the bike.
The problem is the oil has a dark RED tint to it AND the oil level is higher! It went from middle of sight glass to top mark on sight glass??? Oil level checked through site glass cold about every third ride.
Coolant level is perfect and has not changed. Coolant is blue & clean. I use Chevron or name brand gas 91 Octane.
What could be the issue here??? How is it even possible???
Two motorcycle riding friends took a look and have never seen anything like it. One suggested it could be crankcase / Evap contamination?

I guess I will do another oil and filter change to get a better look and see if the oil has a odd smell or any noticeable other factors.

PLEASE post your thoughts I will check back in after oil change and update post
what type of oil is it that you are using?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil Used

Valvoline Motorcycle 4 stroke 10-40 Motorcycle oil with superior wet clutch protection. It is JASO, MA, meets or exceeds API SF/SG/SJ and out of the bottle looks just like any other motor oil.
(have not had the opportunity yet to change the oil stay tunes)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts