Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First one will be coming up.
Does the hive have opinions on oil and filter types? I've always been a Pennzoil fan.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just went with GN4 Pro Honda 10w30. Oddly, I found it to be cheapest at the dealership parts shop (very surprising). 2 liters for under 15 bucks Canadian, so that's like 11 or so US. Picked up a replacement filter OEM (300) from dealer too for a few bucks. Usually I don't venture to the dealer for parts, but I got lazy and the price was acceptable.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about brand of oil...it's all the same. Pick up wtv is abundant and/or cheapest and nearby.

·
Registered
371 Posts
First one will be coming up.
Does the hive have opinions on oil and filter types? I've always been a Pennzoil fan.
There are alternatives to the recommended Honda GN4 oil but it is very reasonable and exactly what is specified. If you can find an oil that meets the JASO MA 10W/30 specifications then you should be fine but don't just use any ole' oil meant for automobiles because it isn't the same, including Pennzoil.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Never ask about oil or tires on these forums.

You will only get thousands of posts like this - "I use this brand and its the best"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of oil should I put in the tires and will it let me shift quicker??

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sure if you use the right oil, and the right tires, and the correct windshield, the right helmet, and blinker lube - it will get to 150 mph!!!!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
seriously though as others have said, I just use the Honda GN4 i found it reasonably priced at the dealer (shocker) so why bother with anything else, since it's recommended. filter isn't expensive either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seriously though as others have said, I just use the Honda GN4 i found it reasonably priced at the dealer (shocker) so why bother with anything else, since it's recommended. filter isn't expensive either.
Both my "local dealers" are an hour away, I suppose I can get them online somewhere.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use -
That's how it always starts out -

And I get better accel and quicker shifts - can't forget that part -

The Honda gold, platinum, diamond sealed kind along with the low mile, high mile, extra additive, non-breakdown, synth-dino Utanium oil that I have to change every 5,000 miles or the engine will seize up at 5,100 miles!

Oh and the same old used up flattened washer!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts