Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice to see that the visor isn't $300, as previously reported... still might hold out and see what the aftermarket brings, though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to need to go aftermarket I think...

I want that looooooong cafe racer style seat.

I did order their version of a passenger seat for now, though.

·
Registered
42 Posts

installed the passenger seat the other night and it looks pretty good... pegs were a pain to install but all in all, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
814 Posts

You can mod one youself. But it will require that back bar to be cut off and a lower frame to be attached, and the seat high would have to be raised.
The current seat height is pretty even with the rear tire so you won't be getting a straight seat without cutting the bike apart.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can mod one youself. But it will require that back bar to be cut off and a lower frame to be attached, and the seat high would have to be raised.
The current seat height is pretty even with the rear tire so you won't be getting a straight seat without cutting the bike apart.

... Yeah, I don't trust myself enough to do that on my own..

·
Registered
38 Posts
$300 for the rear carrier?!?! I actually like the look of the visor but I don't know if I'm willing to pay $230 for that tiny thing..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Im sure in a few months another company will make a visor that is under 100 bucks... Hopefully at least.

The rear carrier is the craziest thing i have seen. I am pretty sure there are already aftermarket ones you could easily make fit the bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is anybody running the wind visor? I'm curious to know if it does anything to deflect wind and bugs. I get a lot of both around here!

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
Is anybody running the wind visor? I'm curious to know if it does anything to deflect wind and bugs. I get a lot of both around here!
Would do very little deflection - purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, I've got the wind visor, and it's tiny, like 01-7700 said, primarily cosmetic. For wind and bugs I say full face helmet. I am going to try to mount my nav on the visors brackets just behind the screen, which would give it an extra function.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, I've got the wind visor, and it's tiny, like 01-7700 said, primarily cosmetic. For wind and bugs I say full face helmet. I am going to try to mount my nav on the visors brackets just behind the screen, which would give it an extra function.
So no difference between it being on or off? I like it, but for the money I like other parts too. If it did anything at all, I might be convinced...

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
As Rebold said, the helmet is the best defense. To get any protection from a windshield and make a comfortable ride you need a full fairing. Just a windshield causes a lot of turbulence between your body and the shield. The bigger bugs can still hit you in the face if your field of vision is just over the top of the windshield. I never got used to riding a bike looking "through" a windshield, always over the top, which is why I don't use a windshield.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the visor is more than $300 in Canada. In fact, most the aessories are between $300 and $400 in Canada. I would like the visor, but it'll be for looks only, and I want it shaded not clear. lol. I'll wait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts