Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello peoples!

I found this seat digging in Ebay and I like quite a lot! I have been checking the forum but I can't find anyone talking about it yet.

What do you think about it? What do you usually check, before buying one?

I know I will probably need the pillion passenger seat. Do you recommend buying one like this? Or go to the original from Honda?

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
I have yet to buy anything from alibaba or aliexpress but seems like folks are actually getting their merch eventually - quality is a concern - long shipping times are expected so be patient - quality is was it is so be happy with it because returns are probably not a viable option

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shipping time is not a concern for me ( I am not in any kind of hurry for this), but quality is important. I don't need the best of the best always, but I want some nice quality for the motorbike. Even more if my ass is going to use it all the time :).

I edited the first link because I am apparently very bad at copy/pasting and I pasted the same link twice.

Now you can find the correct red leather article ? :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I own that one. It's not any more comfortable than the OEM one, but I had bought it for looks anyways as I wanted more red on the bike. I've gone into more detail about it in this thread: Anyone ever use a Zeed Parts double seat with a short rear fender? Also it's not real leather. Pleather more like it. ;)

Otherwise if you just search "zeed seat" or "Motozaa seat" on the forum you'll get a bunch of hits on what people think of this seat but they'll likely be the solid black version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah lol...now that you linked it, I remember reading it the first day I came to this forum! I didn't find it in my searches :(

For that price I won't expect real leather, but I was expecting some more comfort (it looks more like the special edition seat from Honda).

I'll take a look at the search you propose. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just
Hello peoples!

I found this seat digging in Ebay and I like quite a lot! I have been checking the forum but I can't find anyone talking about it yet.

What do you think about it? What do you usually check, before buying one?

I know I will probably need the pillion passenger seat. Do you recommend buying one like this? Or go to the original from Honda?
Boug
Ah lol...now that you linked it, I remember reading it the first day I came to this forum! I didn't find it in my searches :(

For that price I won't expect real leather, but I was expecting some more comfort (it looks more like the special edition seat from Honda).

I'll take a look at the search you propose. Thanks!
I just bought and installed this seat from Zeedparts. It is a double seat and you do not need any additional hardware to install it. I will say the comfort is not really noticably better than stock seat. Overall I am happy with the look and quality of it. I ordered from Zeed and it was at my house from Thailand in 4 days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am very happy with this seat from HRP. It is so much more comfortable for me and 100x better for my passenger. Honda Rebel Super comfort seat | HRP

I already had the passenger seat but you will need to buy it because it used the bracket from the passenger seat. You'll also need the foot pegs. You can get that here: Honda 08R73-K87-A00 - PASS SEAT KIT | Partzilla.com

View attachment 31411
View attachment 31412
Where did you get your sissy bar? Bike looks great!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Where did you get your sissy bar? Bike looks great!
Thanks so much! I definitely didn’t pay this much but this is it. I bought size medium. There are taller ones too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks so much! I definitely didn’t pay this much but this is it. I bought size medium.
How much did you spend on yours? Just trying to get an idea. I'm trying to make my bike more comfortable for my lady! So I'm thinking of making the same seat and sissy bar upgrades as you. Any comments from your passengers on the comfort?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I probably paid about $150. I think it’s when they first came out. It’s excellent quality and the back pad is great. I bought my new seat purposely for my passenger. The stock seat didn’t bother me too much but killed her! She couldn’t ride more than 20 minutes. We can ride for hours now. She never complains and says the seat is 100x better. We are both very happy with both. There are probably cheaper sissy bars you can get. HRP has one. I personally don’t like the look of it. And with mine, it’s so easy to add a bag or bungee cord something to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for details! Definitely my next upgrade. We went for a 50-60 mile ride to a local National Park last weekend and she was dying on the stock passenger seat. I saw the HRP one and I'm with you on the look. Doesn't look as good. Just bought a new exhaust for my Rebel, so gotta be somewhat responsible with my funds for now...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I snagged the Vance and Hines exhaust from eBay while it was available. Should arrive by next week!
Very nice purchase! You are going to love that. What a difference a muffler makes. All the mods make such a huge difference and really make the bike its own.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I read some of the reviews for your eBay seat and was surprised that there were so many Negatives and Neutrals for so few over all sales. I'd be worried about quality and while you can return it within the 15 day limit, you'll pay shipping all the way back to Thailand. That alone might be expensive.

Now the HRP seat and the accessories are a different story as that seat and fittings look great. Another member here has endorsed both the main and pillion comfort factor as well. I do like the sissy bar as you can pack stuff for trips and then secure it so it's not a garage sale on the freeway if things go awry.

My bike has the Corbin "Gunfighter and Lady" seat which is really comfortable (I've been on a 180 mile ride with it) but the only way I could afford it was to get the bike with the seat thrown in. Corbin used my bike to form and fabricate the seat and then gave the bike with the seat back to the dealer. They're pretty pricey ...

Good luck,
Mary Pozzi

1 - 20 of 27 Posts