Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, just purchased a rebel 500 this week.

A couple quick questions;

1. I ordered a Musarri street slipon exhaust. anyone know anything about these?
2. I'd like to order these bar risers HONDA REBEL CMX 300 500 H2C HANDLE BAR RISER PULLBACK 2017 GENUINE ACCESSORY | eBay from ebay.But I've never ordered parts from Thialand. Should I be concerned? Will there be other charges (taxes, duty etc)/

Thanks for any input

Rick

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome!

I have the TBR exhaust.. don't know about the Musarri.

Shouldn't be any extra charges for that order, just slow shipping times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to The Forum

It just takes forever to get shipments from Thailand. Have you looked elsewhere? If it is genuine Honda it will be somewhere in the U.S.......

Ride Safe....Keep The Shiny Side Up.....

Kenny G

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to forum

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am awaiting a price for the musarri to the UK from Misano motorsports. The amazon and eBay sellers posted on here don't ship to U.K.

The risers I also got from Thailand. They took 8 days from order to delivery to my door. No extra charges.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am awaiting a price for the musarri to the UK from Misano motorsports. The amazon and eBay sellers posted on here don't ship to U.K.

The risers I also got from Thailand. They took 8 days from order to delivery to my door. No extra charges.

Enjoy.
They just went out of stock, but according to this page, Misano Motor Imports in Canada ships to the UK for an extra $5.

·
Registered
174 Posts

2. I'd like to order these bar risers HONDA REBEL CMX 300 500 H2C HANDLE BAR RISER PULLBACK 2017 GENUINE ACCESSORY | eBay from ebay.But I've never ordered parts from Thialand. Should I be concerned? Will there be other charges (taxes, duty etc)/

Thanks for any input

Rick

I have the Musarri. I really like the fit finish and sound. Totally easy install. Also, if I'm headed into heavier traffic I take the baffle out for some extra volume. Takes 30 seconds. I think you'll like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts

Thanks for any input

Rick
Hi
If you order parts from Thailand, China, or other overseas web shops etc , if your worried about customs charges you can ask the seller for example; Thailand shipment under 500-1000 baht will not incur any tax.
So ask the seller to value the items under that figure, & or request the package to be marked as a sample of low value.

I do this often when sending items out of the country, but' if the package is lost or items damaged, you will obviously lose the claim to the true value.
In a nutshell" you weigh up the risk of losing items in the post by undervaluing or take a chance with excessive customs fees.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome!

I have the TBR exhaust.. don't know about the Musarri.

Shouldn't be any extra charges for that order, just slow shipping times.

I just ordered the TBR exhaust.. it's supposed to be a simple and straightforward installation. Was it? Did you need to get anything extra? Also, the dude at Two Brothers told me that I would need a fuel management system because the cat is removed... did you get one?

Reactions: Kenny G

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I just ordered the TBR exhaust.. it's supposed to be a simple and straightforward installation. Was it? Did you need to get anything extra? Also, the dude at Two Brothers told me that I would need a fuel management system because the cat is removed... did you get one?
Raven,

IIRC the 300 Rebel has the catalytic converter inside the muffler so that is why the Dude told you that you will need a fuel management system.

The 500 Rebel has a separate catalytic converter that is just forward of the muffler, that being said we may be able to get away without a fuel management change on the 500. On the 300 there is some doubt as to performance on the 300 without a change in the fuel management system.

Kenny G

·
Registered
712 Posts
See Kenny's post about the cat... not an issue on the 500.

As for installation, it's maybe a 5 minute job. Loosen one clamp and one bolt to remove the stock exhaust... reverse for new installation. Couldn't be simpler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts