Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!

Newbie from the Midwest here. :) Just purchased my '19 Rebel 500 in October 2019. Of course, I bought it in Minnesota so I only put about 250 miles on it before I had to garage it for the winter. But, I can see riding season on the distant horizon and I am super excited to start working on it...

Some planned mods:
  • New exhaust (no decision yet, considering everything from a Diablo to a V/H to a TBR to a Mussari.... I don't want one that will melt my saddlebags)
  • Saddlebags (trying to find some that will fit my laptop, so I can use them on a commute)
  • Windscreen
  • Tail light & turn indicators upgrade (what the heck is up with the factory brick?!)
  • Fork boots to block out the chrome forks + blacking out all silver/chrome detailing
  • New seat (maybe - I don't mind the current seat right now, did a 2.5 hr ride and had no soreness, but TBD)

Anything I'm missing? I'm planning for her to be both a commuter and a trip bike.

Can't wait to share more of my journey with this beautiful machine!

·
Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
Welcome to the forum and us northerners are all hoping for an early spring

·
Registered
10 Posts
One thing I can tell you about windscreens from experience is with dart. The quality of the product is top notch but the screen doesn't do much to help with the wind. They only offer one size for the rebel and it's not high enough to be effective.

·
Registered
507 Posts
One thing I can tell you about windscreens from experience is with dart. The quality of the product is top notch but the screen doesn't do much to help with the wind. They only offer one size for the rebel and it's not high enough to be effective.
Everything about windscreens, seats... is very personal in regard what fits you (us) best. For me- original Honda meter screen- excellent choice- maaybe should be a tad bigger, but even as is it gives much smoother airflow around me at higher speeds. And there in absolutely no helmet buffeting, which is not always the case with bigger screens and it merges nicely into general bike appeal...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow, today's ride was without flyscreen, one could not imagine, how helpful could even tiny screen be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would definitely add a power socket adapter to the list!
I have the one Honda sells but I found that it doesn't really charge up my phone as much as it kinda just keeps it at the same percentage that it is, works great to charge a communicator though.
Ended up getting a different one off of amazon that connects directly to the battery and mounted it by the tank.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would definitely add a power socket adapter to the list!
I have the one Honda sells but I found that it doesn't really charge up my phone as much as it kinda just keeps it at the same percentage that it is, works great to charge a communicator though.
Ended up getting a different one off of amazon that connects directly to the battery and mounted it by the tank.
Yes, if you connect it to provided connector in light bucket, it will allow max 1 ampere flow, so if you want higher output, you should g direct-battery route...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts