Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!

Newbie to the Honda world here. After being bugged by my dad to go out and finally get an MC license so i could ride with him, i did. I received my license at the end of March (2019). He actually had a Harley Dyna Wide Glide all ready for me to ride. But i got on that thing and was immediately intimidated by the weight and power. I could ride it, but i felt like the bike was controlling me, and not me controlling the bike. So, after some research on what most people buy as starter bikes, i came across the Rebel 300/500 or Harley Street 500/750. I heard from Harley dealers that the Harley Streets were garbage. Now, for a new rider like me, i bet they aren't really that much of garbage, but just garbage to the guys that ride Road Glides. Hearing that about the Harley did sway my opinion to look deeper into Rebel 500's. I couldn't find a bad review on any of them. So, i searched dealers, found one i liked, and bought it.

So far i love it. i am so comfortable on it. The biggest complaint i have is finding after market parts for it. I feel like a lot of them are overseas and hard to find. if any one has any tips for a U.S. owner find parts, let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
The Rebel 500 is way easier and more fun to ride than any Harley I've ever had, you have chosen wisely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts