Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! My name is Vickie and I am new to riding and the Rebel 500 ABS is my first bike. I chose the Rebel because of how light weight it is and I feel like I can maneuver this bike with ease. I have taken it out for a ride a few times but since I live in Maryland it is a little too cold outside to ride so I have been modifying my bike in the meantime. I have added a generic Daymaker headlight, USB charger, and a Denali Soundbomb horn. I have attached some pics of the mods I have done so far.

I am sooo excited for the Spring!!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey everyone! My name is Vickie and I am new to riding and the Rebel 500 ABS is my first bike. I chose the Rebel because of how light weight it is and I feel like I can maneuver this bike with ease. I have taken it out for a ride a few times but since I live in Maryland it is a little too cold outside to ride so I have been modifying my bike in the meantime. I have added a generic Daymaker headlight, USB charger, and a Denali Soundbomb horn. I have attached some pics of the mods I have done so far.

I am sooo excited for the Spring!!
Whats the headlight/how was it to install on the oem housing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the headlight on Amazon for $40. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DZU30S0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was able to install it with the original housing by not putting all of the wires in the housing. I only left the headlight connector in the housing and all other wires I left out. I just wrapped all exposed wires with electrical tape. It took a few hours to complete it all because of not having a lot of room to work with.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome, enjoy that ride! Great mods, let's hope for an early spring in Maryland.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi and welcome Vickie. Your bike looks great and I like the mods you have done. :smile2:
Enjoy your ride and take care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts