Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a new windshield to help me battle the wind fatigue on my ride to school. I got a slipstreamed S-06T for $68.84 and I love it. although I made a mistake of scratching my gas tank I still love the windshield. I had to cut about 3 to 4 inches of the bracketing mount to make it fit. I had it up normally but the wind buffeting was unbearable so I had to compromise and lowered the angle of the windshield to protect my body forms he wind. although I get wind on my helmet it is a clear wind and it doesn't shake my helmet like it does with the buffeting. I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just recently purchased a new windshield to help me battle the wind fatigue on my ride to school. I got a slipstreamed S-06T for $68.84 and I love it. although I made a mistake of scratching my gas tank I still love the windshield. I had to cut about 3 to 4 inches of the bracketing mount to make it fit. I had it up normally but the wind buffeting was unbearable so I had to compromise and lowered the angle of the windshield to protect my body forms he wind. although I get wind on my helmet it is a clear wind and it doesn't shake my helmet like it does with the buffeting. I love it.
Can you elaborate on "cutting 3 - 4 inches of bracketing mount"? Do you mean the two metal things that go from the widshield into the mounts on your handle bars?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was not anymore, when I had it up right the buffeting was really bad, so I went ahead and angled it lower. Now my body doesn’t feel any wind. My helmet does, but it’s like riding normally.

...I had it up normally but the wind buffeting was unbearable so I had to compromise and lowered the angle of the windshield...
Oh so the deflected wind was causing too much wind around your helmet and making it bounce around?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts