Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally found one I liked and if it arrives tomorrow at the shop, they'll call and install. Purchased a Slipstreamer and I'll take pics and post once it's installed. Saw some nice saddlebags there also, may have to just get those done as well, we'll see.

Went out today on a 40 mile ride and could have used that windscreen. I'm looking forward to seeing how much a difference it is once it's installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ditto. I've been looking at windscreens too.

I Bought a Puig racing fairing/windscreen for my CB1100 and it looks like it would be a perfect match when I hold it up to my Rebel. Problem is Puig needs to match a mounting kit specific for the 2017 Rebel(s).

Hopefully enough Rebels sold this year to make the aftermarket vendors take interest.

Photo is the Puig windscreen I mentioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks great!

Here is the one I bought

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-a603-airstar-universal-windscreen

I think this one blends well with the bike, I still have to ride with this on to comment on the performance.
The one thing I don't like is the Givi logo on the front have to figure out how to remove it without scratching the screen.

Installation was 15 minutes tops, you only need an allen key for tightening the bolts.

I ride 10 miles one way on a freeway for work everyday, the wind bugs me alot, hope this will change that.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
FLRebel,

Very cool. Question: On a similar thread a member mentioned that there is a feeling of being "rag-dolled" while riding behind the screen. What are your thoughts? (also, do you have a link) . Thanks!

Rangot - look pretty awesome!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like it, install was less than 30 minutes. Really does keep the wind off of the front of you. Good investment. Now saddlebags next weekend if I have time.

Hope the picture loaded up in the system.

@FLrebel - got a link for the Slipstreamer you bought? I just got an MRA from Ebay and the darn mount that clamps onto the handlebars is a bit too big! THanks man!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like it, install was less than 30 minutes. Really does keep the wind off of the front of you. Good investment. Now saddlebags next weekend if I have time.

Hope the picture loaded up in the system.
I got the one on eBay, as I too find them all to be hideous. I do love the honda one, but pricey and not effective. The quality on this one isn't great, but we'll see how it looks.

eBayHONDA REBEL CMX 300 500 2017 METER VISOR WINDSCREEN SHIELD COWL FAIRING COVER
Let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got nearly the same one as rangrot - The Givi 604a

Took a few adjustments to get it to the right position for me, but today I rode about 300km, and didn't feel any wind drag or turbulence. This screen is a perfect compromise between functionality, cost and looks IMO.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thrilla - sorry for the lag, the shield was ordered from the shop overnight. I don't have a link but I've seen them on line at various venues.

Did not feel like a rag doll at all, in fact the ride was a lot smoother with the screen on. Does a lot of good for making the ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thrilla - sorry for the lag, the shield was ordered from the shop overnight. I don't have a link but I've seen them on line at various venues.

Did not feel like a rag doll at all, in fact the ride was a lot smoother with the screen on. Does a lot of good for making the ride more comfortable.
No worries, FL. Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hard to find parts, but the parts guy at my nocal dealer found on that works. I do like it, although the mounts need to be cut back. They hit my tank when I try to lock the handlebars. After I get the mounts cut I will be able to adjust the windscreen better. I like the way it doesn't take away from the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have installed the same (Givi A 603) Easy install, looks great and works even better. I highly recommend this one for our Rebels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Installed Puig New Generation Touring windshield Rebel 9462H (Smoke) thursday, and went for a drive today to see if it would stay on. Had it up to 90 mph (nav gps) , no problems. It is only bolted with two brackets to fork leg bolts (replacement bolts included in package) in upper triple clamp. Found that left bolt head will hit tank on full lock, have to stick a little piece of padding in between. It was nice that I didn’t have to remove my original Honda screen bracket, because I attached my nav to that, and I still have room to mount and unmount my nav behind the Puig screen.
I ordered mine from puigmoto.nl here in the Netherlands, arrived in about a week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts