Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been idly thinking about getting a Rebel for quite a while and finally pulled the trigger. A local dealer had this 2019 300 used with all of 81 miles on it! Still under warranty until August. Newest bike I've bought by far. Love the matte dark grey color. I think I would have preferred a 500 but between the price and the fact that no one had one in stock, I decided to take a chance on the 300. Never had a one cylinder bike before. We had weather in the 50s last Friday so I drove it home then, saw one other bike out. They love to salt the roads where I live so it got a good washing after this picture.

Only thing I wish it had is belt or shaft drive, but can't have it all! I was amazed at the V Star for pretty much the same price, air cooled, spoke rims, 5 speed, and carbureted, yikes! First bike was a '74 Honda 350 Four so getting back to that. I've had some big bikes up to a full dress touring bike but wanted something small since it'll mostly be a commuter and for cruising the back roads. Very happy with how it rode on the 15-20 minute ride home, it's so light and low by the time you think about what you want to do, you're already doing it. I was expecting a lot of wind without a windshield, and while I was only on 45mph roads, I was surprised at how little I was getting. Looking forward to putting some miles on it once spring is here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts