Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shout out to the fine folks at www.steadygarage.com for the seat it's such a comfortable upgrade :)

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ah I gotta save up for this. Looks so great and the extra comfort would be nice. Did you end up reupholstering it or did you also have them add padding?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Beautiful job on the seat. Congratulations.

Reactions: hulksmash

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I gotta save up for this. Looks so great and the extra comfort would be nice. Did you end up reupholstering it or did you also have them add padding?
they added some extra padding as well - its a world of difference from stock let me tell yah :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw you had a link to Steady Garage in your first post, but I couldn't find the seat on their website.

Do you have a link that will take me directly to the seat?

Kenny G
I emailed them directly as coincidentally enough another member posted they were in contact with someone there who mentioned they'd be doing seats soon. I simply went to their help and opened a support ticket asking if they would sell me one direct :)

I attached the pic from that thread if you want to see the options available.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hulk,

Thank you,

One more question; how much did the extra padding increase the height of the seat?

Kenny G

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hulk,

Thank you,

One more question; how much did the extra padding increase the height of the seat?

Kenny G
Kenny I went out and measured it close to 28"

Killer! does the material of the seat feel as high quality as it looks??
Thrilla it feels and looks top quality I feel I completely got my money's worth

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Kenny I went out and measured it close to 28"

Thrilla it feels and looks top quality I feel I completely got my money's worth
Hulk,

What a company, they have contacted me already to pick out a color. After my recent experience with buying seats this is a pleasant surprise.

How long did you have to wait for delivery after you placed your order?

Kenny G

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hulk,

What a company, they have contacted me already to pick out a color. After my recent experience with buying seats this is a pleasant surprise.

How long did you have to wait for delivery after you placed your order?

Kenny G
Awesome glad to hear! They shipped very quickly. I'm located near Maine and they shipped from California in about....4 days I believe it took.

Enjoy the seat and of course post pics once you're all setup :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hulksmash, with that nice tan seat you have on now, the tan side-bag will match it to a "T".
Hope you go for it.

Reactions: Kenny G

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have been in contact with the vendor and told me that their seat treatment will only increase the height of the seat by 3/8".

I have an appointment next Monday at a local upholstery shop to plan and measure for extra foam and new cover. I am going to go with the tan that Indian Motorcycles use and probably use rolls & pleats. Pictures by 08/21/17.

Kenny G

·
Registered
105 Posts
$250 - they offered to do it for 210 if id send my seat. I opted for them to just send me a whole new fabricated seat so i had a backup seat still.
Hmm, I have that extra OEM seat I bought from Honda for $50. I wonder if this means the Steady Garage will just send the seat cover for $40?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hmm, I have that extra OEM seat I bought from Honda for $50. I wonder if this means the Steady Garage will just send the seat cover for $40?
No, the cost is $250 if you buy a whole seat, $210 if you send them one.

They're (I assume) replacing the factory foam with something better, and reupholstering the entire seat. They're not just slipping a cover onto the stock seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts