Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to the forum so hello to all. I have a rebel 300 here in Thailand and have just had a new seat and rear carrier made and attach some pics. The carrier fits the passenger seat locations and the seat has been redone using the existing substructure with newfoam and gel. Cover has red stitching to match the tanks. Cost for carrier was 2500 baht (79USD) and same cost for the seat

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent!
Great value too.
'Ragabob' what part of Thailand are you based?
Thinking of similar seat job for mine (Chiang Mai).
Best wishes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had the pillion seat recovered to mtach. All looking good I think. Cover for the pillion seat was 800baht and the existing foam was used.

In answer to the question re comfort, I did a 3-4 hour ride yesterday and the seat is a vast improvement on the stock seat. I am a pensioner so need a bit of comfort lol.

The seat was made by Kuhn Narong, on the 1006 road to San Kampaeng in Chiang Mai as per the attached. Head towards San Kampaeng and Narong is on the right just opposite 7/11 and Tesco Lotus

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I know that place.
Thanks 'Ragabob'.
Maybe we'll cross paths on the road; I'll certainly recognize your bike!
I'm a pensioner too, so I can relate.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am a pensioner too needing a bit more padding on the seat, and a flatter surface. I am aiming to keep it all within the existing seat cover.. I am a serial seat modifier. My next project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts