Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm down with the concept of wind screens and what they actually do. But not a big fan on how they look on a motorcycles, but I know its just my personal pref and opinion. I just think they take away from the look. But I also ride with a full face anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I'm down with the concept of wind screens and what they actually do. But not a big fan on how they look on a motorcycles, but I know its just my personal pref and opinion. I just think they take away from the look. But I also ride with a full face anyway.
Yeah same here.
I will be mounting this with time however:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Rebel-CMX-300-500-Windshield-Light-Cover/182782287689?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Hopefully it will provide at least a little bit of shielding.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand, and agree on some points.

I like protection from wind/bugs/stones/rain when doing serious riding.

I like the wind in my face on glorious Spring days.

And the great thing about this screen, it can be removed in less than five minutes, much like Kenny's screen on trigger lock, just not as sophisticated.

As you intimated, each to his own, and I can go both ways with my setup.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
18" from bottom of screen to top, it sits about 1" above the headlight rim.
My Memphis Shades windscreen only measures 16 inches from the top of the headlight to the top of the screen.

The 16 inches is too short for me. I did add 3 inches of foam to the seat and I am 6 foot tall.

Next season I am going to sell what I have and get about 19 or 20 inches.

I made the mistake of having someone help measure for the windshield.

Kenny G

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a bummer Kenny.

When you get the person to measure for height, make sure their eye level is the same height as yours when you're sitting in a normal riding position on the bike, get them to stand on a milk crate if they have to.

You normally need the screen to be level with the tip of your nose so you can just see comfortably over the top.

A screen with adjustable rake/height can be tweaked after a couple of days riding.

Good luck with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts