Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I’m a new rider, I have had the rebel 500 for a few months now and absolutely love it. However when I went riding the other day I noticed my back tire was slipping on very minor turns and felt almost wobbly on a straight road. I checked my tire pressure and they are good. Tires themselves are in good condition. Any idea of what it could be?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey guys. So I’m a new rider, I have had the rebel 500 for a few months now and absolutely love it. However when I went riding the other day I noticed my back tire was slipping on very minor turns and felt almost wobbly on a straight road. I checked my tire pressure and they are good. Tires themselves are in good condition. Any idea of what it could be?
You said your tire pressure is "good" What PSI is it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check your rear axle is tight and both chain/wheel adjusters are nipped up tight. Are both suspension units on the same setting and the rear wheel free from grease. Get someone to hold the bike steady on its side stand with no weight on the bike and try and shake the back wheel.
Your looking for lateral movement here from bearings, either wheel or swinging arm.
If you can raise the wheel enough to spin it, is it running true or damaged?
If all this is ok it’s just in your mind.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How many miles on your bike? You said you've only had it a couple months, could be the tires aren't broke in yet. Could just be the road surface you were on when it felt funny. Grooved concrete is the worst, also the paint used to stripe the roads is an area to avoid as it is doesn't provide much traction. Not sure where you are but if there is any salt or sand on the roads for ice melt that can be bad too. Cold temps in the winter will also increase the time it takes your tires to heat up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts