Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Welcome ! Looking forward to seeing those panniers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome. Nice bike, the matte grey is the fastest of all 500s.

Is that one of your prototypes on the bicycle behind you?

:wink2:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Welcome :)
Always love to see what kind of ideas people work out for their bike ^^, Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like wise! Hey, how has your experience been commuting in NYC? I went from Crown H to Washington Heights today and found it to be a pretty nasty ride. Too many horrible drivers in this city. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like wise! Hey, how has your experience been commuting in NYC? I went from Crown H to Washington Heights today and found it to be a pretty nasty ride. Too many horrible drivers in this city. :(
Commuting on the bike has been much better than riding the L train! I DO NOT miss the subway! With that being said-I have had the bike since the end of August and have been hit from behind twice both at red lights and a taxi driver has hit it while it was parked. Now I just try to be hyper aware of not only what’s going on in front of me but also behind me! Thankfully both drivers didn’t drive off. I’m still dealing with the taxi driver. Anyways the Williamsburg bridge is tolerable and I finally got up the courage to split the far right two lanes when traffic is stopped on the bridge. That really cuts down my commute and if you can get to the west side highway that should cutdown a lot of time going to upper Manhattan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Commuting on the bike has been much better than riding the L train! I DO NOT miss the subway! With that being said-I have had the bike since the end of August and have been hit from behind twice both at red lights and a taxi driver has hit it while it was parked. Now I just try to be hyper aware of not only what’s going on in front of me but also behind me! Thankfully both drivers didn’t drive off. I’m still dealing with the taxi driver. Anyways the Williamsburg bridge is tolerable and I finally got up the courage to split the far right two lanes when traffic is stopped on the bridge. That really cuts down my commute and if you can get to the west side highway that should cutdown a lot of time going to upper Manhattan.
It's treacherous out here in nyc. I always filter to the front or position myself between cars at stop lights. We all gotta do what we have to in order to stay safe out there. I hope those incidents don't detour you from riding and that you're in good shape.

Stay off the L!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow thats scary! being hit from behind... Hope it didnt damage the bike. Ive been riding mine for 2 1/2 months now. Havent been hit yet. But much better then the train. Ive taken the train once because it was snowing :)
I did find my bike on the ground yesterday. Maybe from being bumped or blown by the wind. No damage except for some scratches on the exhaust. Im considering storing it for the winter :/ This weather doesnt help at all.

I was very conservative in the first couple of weeks of riding. Never filtering and riding at the speed limit. But if you want to get anywhere in this city, you have to split... So Ive been a little more aggressive, but also driving like no one can see me.

Be safe out there!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.