Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding off road for over a decade now. My brother in law got me trail riding in my early 20's, and I really enjoy it. Now in my early 30's the frequency that we get out for either trail rides or motorcross has reduced significantly. After a lot of thought I decided that I was going to buy a street bike rather than upgrading my 08 YZ250F. I have taken good care of my dirt bike, and should be able to keep it going for a couple more years. I came to the conclusion that my opportunities to ride on the street were far more numerous, and would make commute to work enjoyable. So while searching my dealerships website I came across the new Honda Rebel 300 & 500. I absolutely loved the styling. So I ventured into the dealership to take a first hand look. I went in targeting the 300, but after speaking with the the salesman, he recommended going with the 500 as he finds a lot of people who upgrade from the smaller bore motorcycles within a year. I filled out the paperwork and went home with an all Black Rebel 500 the next day. I am glad I went with the 500. Coming from riding motocross bikes, the 500 Rebel is very mellow by comparison. It feels plenty fast dont get me wrong, but its nothing that will be me in trouble. So far I really like how the bike handles. This bike hugs the ground like a champ, and leans over nicely in turns. Its not a bike I would want to travel very far on, but for cruising around town I love it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy that bad boy! I plan on taking some long trip on mine. And by long I mean only 6 to 7 hours.. With lots of breaks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Its been unbelievable over the past few weeks. I get so many complements on my Rebel. People generally start out saying how nice they think it looks, and then proceed to ask what it is. People are pretty shocked that you can buy a bike this inexpensive that oozes so much style. I had a guy next to me at a red light telling me how much he liked it. My brother in law who wouldn't ever throw his leg over a motorcycle told me if he every did, it would be a bobber style bike. I have mainly commuted to and from work so far, not to many joy rides, but it has made the commute something to look forward to. I am really enjoying it. Its nice because its not like I bought the Rebel because it was all I could afford, but because I loved the styling so much. Even if my budget had been twice as high, there wasnt a bike that I can honestly say I would have chose instead. The lightweight low center of gravity makes for a bike that handles like a dream, and the 500cc motor is enough thrill to be fun, but not enough to easily get yourself in trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts