Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

New Rider and Rebel 500 Owner

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Robble10 
#1 ·
Hello!
New rider and proud owner of the 2021 Rebel 500 in the matte pearl white! Hoping to learn and find out what upgrades I can do as a short and petite rider to make my bike more comfortable.

#2 ·
Congratulations! The color looks great! I've added very few things to my bike and would recommend a swingarm bag. This is large enough to carry a water bottle, a tire pressure gauge, insurance and registration papers, face mask, phone, and a cleaning cloth and in my view, fits the look well. Installs relatively easy. Mine is a Willie & Max from Amazon.

#3 ·
Hello!
New rider and proud owner of the 2021 Rebel 500 in the matte pearl white! Hoping to learn and find out what upgrades I can do as a short and petite rider to make my bike more comfortable.
Welcome to the forum! The matte pearl white looks great!

For flexible storage, you could also add a solo carrier rack on the fender. They are available from Hepco & Becker and from MC Enterprises. Some folks opt to change the handlebars to shorten the reach. I'm sure you will find many useful suggestions from other riders in the forum!

#4 ·
welcome. yes plenty of info around here with the search function. i'm sure between that and google searches there will be no shortage of ideas for things you may want to do.
enjoy the new ride

#5 ·
Hello!
I just bought a 2021 Honda Rebel 500 SE and i put a Vance and Hines Slip on Exhaust on it and I would say do that upgrade if you can. That V and H exhaust will sound amazing on your 500 engine it makes the engine sound like a deep rumbling beast.

#9 ·
Back on two wheels in the UK after a 40 year hiatus. Did so much research before venturing out for a test ride, mostly thanks to MCrider.com for a comprehensive refresher course. Used to ride a Suzuki GT500 back in the late 70's early 80's, took it all over France, and have now had the Rebel 500 SE for less than a month. Absolutely love it, but then I also love my 2009 MG TF.

One thing I note from watching YouTube videos, you guys in the US and Canada have got no idea what a corner/bend is. In the UK, apart from the motorway, we don't have straight wide roads, we have car width lanes and perpetual tight bends.

#11 ·
UK roads are good for motorcycling, except their condition. I had a long break too and have been so glad to be back (14 years now) on my motorised steeds.
I agree with that. I live on the edge of Exmoor, so see a huge number of bikes having a ball. However, you have to treat the roads with respect because some have a dreadful surface.

The etiquette has changed slightly, now a nod is sufficient rather than a wave, but at least you feel part of something special.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.