Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
Just got my motorcycle license after a brief 43 year hiatus. Had a Honda CB500T in the mid 1970's that I sold to fund school. Then got married, kids, work, mortgage, blah, blah, blah. Anyway after thinking about it for a couple of years I decided to take a basic rider course and earned my license. Almost immediately after getting my license a used 2017 500cc Rebel became available at a good price and I bought it. It is high viz yellow and nearly stock. It has the Honda passenger seat, a Musarri after market exhaust, and a no name LED tail light conversion. The temperature has been in the upper 20's (degrees F) to lower 30's so riding has been limited to daily 20 minute rides around the neighborhood. Hope to take a couple longer rides this coming weekend.

Lee B.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Best wishes with your return to motorcycling. I had a similar break and it was very good to be back. Now 13 years since returning. What better way to spend leisure hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,
Just got my motorcycle license after a brief 43 year hiatus. Had a Honda CB500T in the mid 1970's that I sold to fund school. Then got married, kids, work, mortgage, blah, blah, blah. Anyway after thinking about it for a couple of years I decided to take a basic rider course and earned my license. Almost immediately after getting my license a used 2017 500cc Rebel became available at a good price and I bought it. It is high viz yellow and nearly stock. It has the Honda passenger seat, a Musarri after market exhaust, and a no name LED tail light conversion. The temperature has been in the upper 20's (degrees F) to lower 30's so riding has been limited to daily 20 minute rides around the neighborhood. Hope to take a couple longer rides this coming weekend.

Lee B.
I too had a Honda CB500T in the mid 1970's . . . . welcome back (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome back, after that "little break" you should be ready for some serious adventures
on the new steed. It's surprising how you can personalise the Rebel. Lot's
of info. & suggestions on this Forum.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500
34 Posts
Me too. I got my motorcycle endorsement in 1983 but never got a bike. Fast forward to last year--Rebel 500. I'm loving it. Many friends told me I'm too old; that it's too dangerous for an old fart like me. Well, they were right, I've been injured in two motorcycle accidents already. I need to remember to put that kickstand down. Hahaha.... (Injury was just to my ego.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts