Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after five years of riding my Suzuki TU250X, I find myself having to move on to something else.

On April 4, after five years of riding, it finally happened: I got hit. I was in Durham, NC, about two minutes from my destination, and as I turned on my blinker and slowed to take a right-hand turn, I felt the impact. I'd been rear-ended at about 30 mph. I was throw forward about 20 feet, and ended up with pretty severe road rash on my hands, arms, knees, legs, and back. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance, and there, it was found that I had also sustained a radial head fracture. The woman who hit me admitted to being distracted "by her GPS."

Needless to say, the bike was totaled (the dealer said it would cost $9,000 to repair--or about twice what the bike was worth new, somehow).

After three months of recovery, I decided to get back to riding. I know, I know. But I miss it a great deal. I decided to go with something a little bigger, so I'll be riding a Honda Rebel 500 (ABS) for the next few years. I looked at a lot of different bikes in the same price range, but I couldn't resist the looks and the price of the Rebel 500 (grey, ABS). I also read a lot of reviews, and it seems, for the money, this is a pretty awesome machine and one that's hard to beat.

Unfortunately, after paying for it yesterday, I was informed they couldn't let me ride off because there's a recall on the 500 and they need to service it first. I was really bummed, but I'm so excited to get the phone call telling me to pick it up.

How is everyone here enjoying their Rebels in 300 and 500? Anything I should know before I jump on it? I look forward to years of fun on this beautiful bike!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride. Glad to see you got over your accident and back on a bike again. Been there so I know what it is like .Keep the shiny side up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts