Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my new 500 this week! Awesome to have a place to share with like minded individuals. Just wondering 2 things.
Is there a big difference between the 2017 and 2018 model that would be worth spending the extra $400 for the 2018?
Also how well does the 500 do on longer trips say 100-200 mile day trips?
Any input would be thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome. I wouldn't hesitate to take the 500 on a 100-200 mile day trip. The furthest I've done so far is about 75 miles. EDIT - I should mention that I have a Corbin aftermarket seat. i wouldn't try it on the stock seat.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
There is no difference between a 17 and a 18 rebel, except the the date for when it was made.
That's it.
Some 18 models comes with new tank colour option, but that's it, no other changes between them.

I wouldn't hesitate taking it on a road trip.
The mileage on it is good, but it's still not the biggest tank on it, so keep that a little in mind.

Also, as mentioned, replace the seat if you wanna survive the trip.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello and welcome! The 2018 is available in blue, other than that I don't think there are any differences between 2017 and 2018 Rebels. I've taken my Rebel on a few day trips and road trips so far, I think it gets the job done just fine. It can cruise at 70-75 mph on the highway all day long. My only drawback would be that after about 2.5 hours on that seat, I'm ready to give my backside a break.

-CG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts