Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just wanted to share my modification to the rear end of my Rebel. I never liked the way the tail light looks on the rebel. It looks unfinished in my opinion. So I got down to changing it. Here it is:

I bought one of these number plate bracket off ebay

and a set of 4 ribbed indicators to match like these (The ones I got were cheaper than these but I can't find the original item)

The holder comes with a bracket to mount the no plate on the side of the bike. I sawed the bracket in half and welded (thanks to my brother) to the sides of the no plate holder, enlarged and tapsed the holes to screw on the indicators (with another nut to tighten them in place). I blanked the holes on the no plate holder and re drilled the holes to match the holes of the stock rear tail light (no mechanical modifications to the bike) and used two long bolts to reach the mud guard of the rebel. Spray painted the whole thing in flat black and used a piece of no plate size cut perspex between the no plate ant the metal holder. A hole in the bottom of the plate was drilled to match the bottom screw of the stock tail light.

After re-wiring, I realized that the indicator bulbs were rated at 5W instead of 21W like the stock bulbs. The flasher started flashing too fast. I couldn't pry the indicators open to change the bulbs (they look sealed) so I wired a 12ohm/16W resister in parallel.

I also changed the upholstery of the seats to add some cushioning and give it a touch of brown leather.

I'm really happy with the way it looks now :) What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice looking mods!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. Really like the looks of the circular taillight as opposed to the stock one. The brown leather accents the color of your bike perfectly. Job well done.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Looks good.
would have liked to have seen more pictures of how you mounted the bracket to the bike/fender.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts