Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, Riders, and Countrymen (and women),

I just picked up a 2018 500 ABS last weekend and am thrilled. First, let me broadly thank the folks here for the discussions and ideas over here, that I looked over before making my decision. A bit about myself: I'm riding after a very long time (last rode in my late teens and early 20s) and just decided a few months ago that I should get back. Took the MSF course to build back some confidence. I would highly recommend it to anyone getting back into riding, mostly for their emphasis on safety, awareness of your surroundings, and defensive practices. I would say that this has even influenced the way I drive my car, ie, more carefully. Just take the course, if you're a beginner.

I was initially thinking about the Rebel 300 as the right bike for me, given my time away from riding and that I'm a slim guy. I picked the 500 since most people told me that I wouldn't tell the difference in weight and handling, which was a bigger concern for me than power issues. That said, I find the 500 very easy to ride and I think not picking its younger sibling was the right call for me. I like the power of the 500 and don't find it intimidating at all.

I look forward to participating here. Safe riding!

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
One of us, one of us! Hehe, welcome!
The Rebel is such a neat bike, so I'm starting to see why it has catched on with the older group, and not just the young beginners.
You made a good choice in picking the 500 instead, it'll be a bike that can deliver just about anything you'd want from a bike.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts