Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2021 500 (non-ABS) black from a girl who bought it, rode it, got scared, garaged it for a year and sold it. I live in the Florida panhandle so we get to ride year round. The bike only has 19 miles on it, I expect the mileage to increase rapidly!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll change the oil at about 300 to 500 miles (it looks perfect and no condensation in it). I did do the stock exhaust mod (chopped 3.5" off the muffler, reattached the end cap) and added a Puig Clear Windscreen. Also put a trickle charger connector on it. Bike sounds much better now. It's 72F out... Time for a putt!

·
Registered
675 Posts
i guess your 500 1100 comparison is a moot point

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave - Go have some turkey and stuffing. I didn't change my oil, and I asked about the 1100. Your way of welcoming new forum members is "different". Happy Thanksgiving!

Is

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500
352 Posts
Hope to have a very happy Thanksgiving, thanks for the warm thought.
New members usually introduce themselves.
Always glad to see new Rebel riders, that's for sure.
Not as glad when they look to argue.
But welcome anyway.
Am done here, with this thread. Find someone else to pick an argument with.
And enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Introduction:
I buy and sell motorcycles as a hobby. I look for garage queens, bikes that "just need the carb cleaned... wink-wink", must sell ads, bikes I've never had, and overall what I consider decent deals. This Rebel is about my 60th motorcycle. I have been buying mainly Harley's for the past 10 years because I know them fairly well, and generally they are easy sales and I personally like them.

This Rebel sort of popped up and I thought what the heck. I did a little Google-Fu, and saw they were nice bikes and I had not had one before and it is basically brand new. This is a hobby, so if I make or loose a little $$$, NP. It's a hobby.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a pic of my previous garage queen purchased about 3 months ago. 11 years old and it had 9K-ish miles on it. It needed a bit of work, but that is exactly what I like. I believe it sat for 18 months before I bought it. It currently runs and rides perfect and I have 11K miles on it now. I'm looking for another Harley as I might sell this one to a friend.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is the 2006 1200 Sportster I bought that was sort of a garage queen, but it had multiple issues.
Stator was bad, carb was clogged, petcock diaphragm had a tear in it, throttle cables snapped, voltage regulator was bad, intake manifold leak, and probably some stuff I forgot. Got it all fixed, rode it a bit and sold it to a friend. He's riding it now and it has a free labor warranty for the life of the bike. 😎
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You're implying I only have one motorcycle...
And I never said I wanted to sell my Rebel...
ya I understand...I don't think synamdammit or nbsdave do though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts