Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted my rebel with a modified stock rear fender. The more I looked at it, the less I enjoyed the shape and over appearance of the fender. So I bought a raw unfinished fender online and modified it for my rebel. I also needed to relocate the rear turn signals. Here are a few photos of the finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks great! Any chance you could link us to where you got the turn signals and license plate mount?
Sure, I got both on revzilla. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-led-mini-bullet-marker-lights
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tc-bros-side-mount-tail-lightlicense-plate-bracket
the turn signal mounts I bought on ebay for $4. I did have to modify the signal mounts to fit over the shock mount. I also had to purchase the plate LEDs from ebay as well. I just wired them through the chain guard and connected them to the running lights.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That looks really cool. I wanted to do something like this but I can't put my license plate like that here in Thailand. It's gonna cost me 2,000 baht if police will see it.

And one dangerous thing that could happen with a very short fender is when something goes inside your rear tire when you're riding,like strings from backpack or something long, it will be a major accident for sure. So I got scared a bit. lol

But that's just me. I still like the look of your bike. ?

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
That looks really cool. I wanted to do something like this but I can't put my license plate like that here in Thailand. It's gonna cost me 2,000 baht if police will see it.

And one dangerous thing that could happen with a very short fender is when something goes inside your rear tire when you're riding,like strings from backpack or something long, it will be a major accident for sure. So I got scared a bit. lol

But that's just me. I still like the look of your bike. ?
My plate is side mounted & been through numerous checkpoints, never been stopped yet, I think more like 200-300bt if the BIB do fine you.
Maybe down in BKK BIB are less forgiving

·
Banned
247 Posts
Been looking at this numerous times trying to like it, but all I can think of is "why have a 'fender' at all when its only like 2 inches long"? I know everyone has their own tastes and styles etc but to me it would look exactly the same without the fender at all.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Been looking at this numerous times trying to like it, but all I can think of is "why have a 'fender' at all when its only like 2 inches long"? I know everyone has their own tastes and styles etc but to me it would look exactly the same without the fender at all.
I was thinking the same.. And I was looking for the "fender" and couldn't find it! :laugh:

·
Registered
63 Posts
My plate is side mounted & been through numerous checkpoints, never been stopped yet, I think more like 200-300bt if the BIB do fine you.
Maybe down in BKK BIB are less forgiving
Side mounted is okay. But side mounted vertically that will cost you 2,000 baht in Bangkok.

My gf boss is riding with that same style of license plate. When he got fined 2,000 baht for it he immediately went to the shop to put it properly side mounted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And that is a good point. I thought removing the fender completely would be a good option, but the fender does still need to protect all of the bikes bits underneath the seat. I did not want dirt and debris potentially getting into the intake, or splashing all of the electrical components with water. Also with weights on the bike, the fender does sit lower to the tire and keeps all of the lines flowing really well.

·
Banned
247 Posts
And that is a good point. I thought removing the fender completely would be a good option, but the fender does still need to protect all of the bikes bits underneath the seat. I did not want dirt and debris potentially getting into the intake, or splashing all of the electrical components with water. Also with weights on the bike, the fender does sit lower to the tire and keeps all of the lines flowing really well.
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I could have sealed up that area cheaply and saved money on buying another fender to make into a.. non-fender

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's true too. Sheet metal over would definitely work. Unfortunately I don't have very much access to the tools necessary at my house to cut and shape a nice looking cover. I'm only into this fender project $60. So for something relatively easy to do with minimal tools, it would be a viable option to go with for many others looking to change up the rear end. I posted these pictures with the intention of showing people who are interested in doing something like this to their own bikes what it could look like.
Maybe this angle shows it better.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently posted my rebel with a modified stock rear fender. The more I looked at it, the less I enjoyed the shape and over appearance of the fender. So I bought a raw unfinished fender online and modified it for my rebel. I also needed to relocate the rear turn signals. Here are a few photos of the finished product.
where did you get the license plate mount? Is it bolted on the axle or shocks?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where did you get the license plate mount? Is it bolted on the axle or shocks?? Thanks in advance
It's a Tc Bros plate bracket. I picked it up off of revzilla for about $20. I mounted it to the bottom shock mount

1 - 17 of 17 Posts