Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new memeber but an old rider. Been on two wheels for 50 years, and rode and owned a lot of bikes. I've gotten old and am looking for a lighter bike, test rode a Rebel 500 yesterday and think I need one. Found this forum and thought I'd join up. Now to sell my Aero 750.........

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome, been riding over 50 years and had many bikes also.

Keep the tire rubber on the pavement

Reactions: R80rt

·
Registered
146 Posts
Another geezer here. Took a 40 year break between bikes/riding. 2 years ago I was given a modded Ruckus that would easily do 50 mph, wind aided. Sold that and bought the Rebel. Not so sure the SO wants to get on the back after a 40 year hiatus. Time will tell.

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 2019 cmx 500 abs
2 Posts
Hi, I just joined and am an older rider to. I've been on two wheels for 55 years, and have had more bikes than cars. I needed a smaller bike and bought a 2019 Rebel 500. At 145 lbs it's fast and comfy. Miss all my old bikes but with this one I can ride all day again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 71 y.o. Born in Europe. Riding there for 11 years, mostly German 2 strokes and soviet DKW and BMW copies. Since '82 in Australia. First bike Suzuki GS450S then NTV650 Revere (what a gem) then another NTV650 Revere, BMW 650 GS, Triumph Thunderbird 900, Honda CB450 (1970 modern restoration), Yamaha Virago 535 (my wife's actually but I rode it more often than she), BMW F800 ST (dangerous one, the only accident I ever had)
Honda NV400 Custom (another gem). Now Honda CMX500 ABS... just right for older folks?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another geezer here,73yo. Been riding since ‘68. Owned a buncha bikes. Looking at the 500 Rebel for much the same reasons as my fellow geezers. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I wanna get a look at the 1100 Rebel before making a decision.
Quick question for the admin. Are you gonna include the 1100 Rebel on this site when it finally makes an appearance?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Good question. I would like to hear about it on here.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Another geezer here,73yo. Been riding since ‘68. Owned a buncha bikes. Looking at the 500 Rebel for much the same reasons as my fellow geezers. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I wanna get a look at the 1100 Rebel before making a decision.
Quick question for the admin. Are you gonna include the 1100 Rebel on this site when it finally makes an appearance?
I believe a mod has said yes since it's the same 'generation' as the 300/500 engine sized models

1 - 13 of 13 Posts