Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!
Just bought a new Rebel 1100 DCT last month at 66 and loving the new life... Used to ride about 35 years ago, but gave it up. This new DCT makes it easy! Although at times, I STILL consider a new Indian Scout, then I recall the clutching and, and...

Hawk

·
Registered
170 Posts
welcome back to riding, as a displaced Razorback glad to have you join us. I too had a bit of Buyers remorse when I first got my 1100 but now every time I ride it , the more I like it. It will never replace the riding experience that I had with the Harley dresser I had , But the Honda is a different style and the weight reduction and low speed handling were deciding factors when I bought the 1100.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks soo much! I love Bella Vista, AR. Its awesome! I love my DCT 1100, but still love the look of the Scout and wonder if I quit too soon on the manual!?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome back to riding. I too bought a 1100 DCT and had the same dilemma you had about the Scout, but after adding my personal touches and getting a couple thousand miles on it I think I'll stick with the 1100. Have fun, I only scraped the foot peg once, but I sure like leaning into those curves.

·
Registered
2021 Honda CMX1100 DCT
106 Posts
Thanks soo much! I love Bella Vista, AR. Its awesome! I love my DCT 1100, but still love the look of the Scout and wonder if I quit too soon on the manual!?

As a Previous Scout Owner with many upgrades if know what looking at some are unseen like the Suspension High Flow Air Filter and PV Tuner .. But am sure can see the 2:1 Exhaust Mustang Seat and Windshield .. Even with all that Prefer the Rebel 1100 DCT although 2 left wrist surgeries were part of going to DCT when Dr. said best to get away from Clutch Pulling and possible loss of a good functioning left hand ..

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful Indian Joe! You get it... Will just dress up my 1100 DCT, it has waaaaaaay too many advantages while giving up nothing on performance! Still, that Scout is something! But where I live, too many hills and wavy roads, a place where the 1100 DCT truly exceeds! No more worrying about clutching and changing gears into the turns.
It doesn't hurt that my wife loves the new Rebel!!
Hawk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts