Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just did the same light today as well. Mine did not come with any instructions or wiring diagram, how about yours? It was very frustrating.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was just about to say the same. So is this light a lens replacement using the old housing or a completely new light? Either way it's brighter looking.
This is a brick replacement that fits in the original stock housing. So it's designed if you want to upgrade the brick to LED, it flashes when you brake, it eliminates the turn signals as they are integrated, and you get to keep the stock fender.

So it is just as big because it fits in the original housing but it's all LED and does a bit more than the original while allowing you to clean up the look a little bit.

·
Registered
913 Posts
it flashes when you brake
you know that's not a bad idea. i've noticed it before on some bikes but forgot about that until last week; a BMW was in a turn lane next to me, i wasn't even looking at it, but his led brake lights flashed and it caught my attention

·
Registered
85 Posts
you know that's not a bad idea. i've noticed it before on some bikes but forgot about that until last week; a BMW was in a turn lane next to me, i wasn't even looking at it, but his led brake lights flashed and it caught my attention
I was trying to find a cleaner look that provided more visibility. This removed the big indicators, gave me the flashing brake, and it's all LED. It works for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking at getting the same one... looks good!
FYI there are also 3 red LED's on each side, as well as I think 6 white LED's on the bottom for the license plate, which can be separately toggled on and off... the wiring harness that comes with this unit also has a built in LED resistor... it is a HUUGE upgrade from the stock tail light IMO. Much brighter too.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was trying to find a cleaner look that provided more visibility. This removed the big indicators, gave me the flashing brake, and it's all LED. It works for me.
could you or anyone else who installed this post a short video of the "flashing brake light". i like the Idea, plus it fitting in the same housing. just curious what everything looks like while in operation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After a few rides I have had a lot of positive comments and really enjoying the new light. The smoked lens and smaller brick just completes the look. Yes the sissy bars are from Moto machine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts