Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed this headlight last night:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PQ7DTK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live out in the middle of nowhere, and most days I leave the house before 5AM so it is dark. Really dark. We don't have too many streetlights out here so I tend to use my High beams a lot until I get to civilization about 15 miles away.

I love the looks of this light. Cosmetically speaking it is a major upgrade over the stock lamp. The beam of light is a lot wider than the stock, which is a major plus for me. One of my big concerns riding out here is a deer or the occasional bear running out from the woods and cutting across my path. I've already had a few close calls with deer so this gives me a bit more visibility to either side. Hard to tell from the photos but the light projects almost in a crescent shape. Distance wise this light projects just as far as the stock, I don't see any real difference there. The high beam is sufficient, it gives more visibility further down the road but I don't think it is any better than the stock.

This light is NOT a direct fit in the stock housing. It plugs right into the existing harness, so no wiring mods are needed but I had to do a little "engineering" to make the light sight tight in the housing. The stock lamp has a frame around it for the aiming screws that does not fit onto the new lamp, so I had to eyeball it on my garage door to aim it. I think I may still need to adjust it a bit, I'm going to ride with it for a few days and see how it works.

Install time for me was bout 45 minutes. The actual removal of the old light in swapping the new one took about 15 minutes. I spent 5 minutes looking for a screw that I dropped, and another 25 minutes spent trying to get the plastic cone to cover all the wires that are crammed into the housing and sit flush.

I had some money left over on an Amazon gift card, so this only cost me 8 dollars out of my own pocket. The housing for this light is 30 bucks, so I think I am going to order it and just swap the whole housing out.

Overall I would give this light 3.5 stars. I would only suggest it if you were going to buy the new housing.

-CG

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts