Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

New fork springs?

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  flyinbrianbmx 
#1 ·
So now that there are multiple options for fork springs. I am curious if anyone has changed theirs yet and what difference it has made.

Stock springs are
Progressive spring with plastic spacer and non adjustable cap.

The options out there now include.

Ohlins Linear Fork spring kit which includes new adjustable top caps and aluminum spacer for about $350.

HyperPro Progressive spring kit which includes fork oil for about $180

YSS Progressive spring kit which includes new fork caps new fork valves and metal spacers for about $260

YSS Progressive spring which is just the replacement spring for about $120

I know one of the biggest complaints people had about this bike was the suspension. So I was curious if anyone has used any of these kits and how it turned out.
I am thinking of getting one of the YSS springs and probably also getting the YSS rear spings as well.

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't modified the suspension yet but i have on other bikes and will do on my rebel as it wears a bit as i don't want to throw money away.Will probably get upgraded replacement springs for the front and have a mate fit them and replace the oil with something like a 15w at the same time. I have used YSS before and they have been good and the rear ones look good on the rebel so will probably use them as well. Should make a fair bit of difference to the ride.

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.