Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
It's just too bad that that guard won't actually do much usefull if the bike goes down.
I've been looking at this one myself, but found it to just be added weight, since it's too close to the bike, so in the event of putting the bike down, alot of other things on the bike is still exposed further out than what the guard does, making it more or less useless.
That's my opinion thou.
Looks cool thou!

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
It's just too bad that that guard won't actually do much usefull if the bike goes down.
I've been looking at this one myself, but found it to just be added weight, since it's too close to the bike, so in the event of putting the bike down, alot of other things on the bike is still exposed further out than what the guard does, making it more or less useless.
That's my opinion thou.
Looks cool thou!
You can also mount extra lights on them. If they were on my bike that's what I would do.
Mini spots or foggies!

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
You can also mount extra lights on them. If they were on my bike that's what I would do.
Mini spots or foggies!
Yeah I suppose.
I mainly looked for an engine guard so that I could mount some forward pegs, to strech the legs a little while riding. But I don't really like the look on those awailable for the Rebel at the moment, so I'm being patiente.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks to me like it's pretty much hugging the engine. Different than one ones seen in various Youtube videos posted from overseas before the new Rebel was released in the states.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks to me like it's pretty much hugging the engine. Different than one ones seen in various Youtube videos posted from overseas before the new Rebel was released in the states.
Yea this one is aftermarket, the Honda one sticks out like in the videos.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Fire C,

Thank you for the pics. I am not sure if the engine guards will suit my purpose or not.

Looks like you did a good job installing the guards.

Kenny G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts