Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I hope so but I doubt it. Quite frankly, this bike is an excellent value, has excellent features and preformance.

But it is lacking in the looks department. It's ugly exhaust, fat looking side profile, weird looking tank. Granted some of that can be fixed but still.

Looks aren't everything but this type of motorcycle is basically a recreational toy, so looks do matter for a bike like this. I know someone will chime in "bUt I UsE mY ReBEl AS mY ONlY TrAnSporTatIon", yeah maybe but a 1000cc motorcycle is not the most efficient 2-wheeled vehicle for transportation. Anything 1000ccs and over is for recreation that maybe happens to double as transportation. Motorcycle cops maybe being the exception.
It’s not a bad looking bike, though I admit, it wasn’t the best looking machine to have graced my garage over the years - that distinction is a toss-up between the VTX 1800C and the Triumph Thunderbird - but it is growing on me. It really has taken on a whole new personality with the addition of rear seat, backrest, carrier and tool bag.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks nearly the color on my 2000 Shadow Aero ... which I chose over the available black or white. I liked it ... but not the bike. As often said: 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.'

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
unpopular color = future collectable
Exactly! I have a 1968 Chevelle SS396 that is Ash Gold (it appears green in the shade and gold in the sun). I think it was the most unpopular color which means it is the rarest. I had one in 1968 so when I hit my middle age crisis I had a hard time finding another one like it, but I did. My car is near perfect, but when I take it to shows it never even hardly gets a second look. Everybody wants the reds and blues.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Two things: First of all, brown happens to be my favorite color. (Yeah, I know, my wife says I'm crazy, too.) Second, that is not what I would call brown. I would call it rust or root beer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Exactly! I have a 1968 Chevelle SS396 that is Ash Gold (it appears green in the shade and gold in the sun). I think it was the most unpopular color which means it is the rarest. I had one in 1968 so when I hit my middle age crisis I had a hard time finding another one like it, but I did. My car is near perfect, but when I take it to shows it never even hardly gets a second look. Everybody wants the reds and blues.

View attachment 35734
Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my iPad. That’s purrdy.

·
Administrator
1,597 Posts
Can you imagine if it was 1985 when the new Rebel came out? There would be chrome everywhere - and why hasn't someone done this to their Rebel yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts

Brown has got to be just about the ugliest color to give any vehicle🤮. Current 500 SE owner and am looking to upgrade to something bigger next year and if Brown is the best they can come up with I'll be passing on the 1100. Not a huge fan of these glossy, sparkly colors but I can live with the black, don't love the Bordeaux Red, but brown? Honda, please fire who ever is picking the colors for this bike. It needs matte colors like the 500s, the news glossy OD green for the 500 looks awesome, why can't they put those on the 1100?

I ordered my 1100 and was told that it’s coming in on the first week in January . This dealer has two 1100s coming in both are in black one is a standard. They weren’t aware of any other color yet. Good to know what the other color is , thanks For the update,

21 - 30 of 30 Posts