Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brown has got to be just about the ugliest color to give any vehicle馃ぎ. Current 500 SE owner and am looking to upgrade to something bigger next year and if Brown is the best they can come up with I'll be passing on the 1100. Not a huge fan of these glossy, sparkly colors but I can live with the black, don't love the Bordeaux Red, but brown? Honda, please fire who ever is picking the colors for this bike. It needs matte colors like the 500s, the new glossy OD green for the 500 looks awesome, why can't they put those on the 1100?

Registered
I got some dog poo gonna be worth a FORTUNE!!!!

Nah the reason I don't care for matte is it fades and becomes grainy/powdery even when kept garaged, back to black colorants and conditioners are good for about a week or 1 rain

Registered
2021 Rebel 1100 - Metallic Black
I actually really like the "brown". They could've gotten more creative with the color name though. Just calling it brown probably turns people off. I would've called it more a burnt orange, rust, or copper as someone else mentioned.

Reactions: Elks Bells

Registered
I actually really like the "brown". They could've gotten more creative with the color name though. Just calling it brown probably turns people off. I would've called it more a burnt orange, rust, or copper as someone else mentioned.
it's a special brown...Honda is calling it Pearl Stallion Brown

a few more pictures at Honda's site in the gallery

Registered
I got the red 1100 DCT but I remember my copper colored 54 Ford truck that was that color. Matte paint, I'm not a fan.
If it was available when I bought mine, I would have bought the new color. I not a fan of the amount of black on the 1100.

Registered
2021 Honda CMX1100 DCT
I got the red 1100 DCT but I remember my copper colored 54 Ford truck that was that color.

Matte paint, I'm not a fan.

If it was available when I bought mine, I would have bought the new color. I not a fan of the amount of black on the 1100.
I was never a fan of Matte Paint either until got my Chieftain Dark Horse at a Great Price or would have probably went with Red .. It grew on me though and using Topcoat F11 from Day 1 Kept it looking like New even 30,000 Miles and almost 3 Years Later ..

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bet it looks significantly better in person than in pictures.
I hope so but I doubt it. Quite frankly, this bike is an excellent value, has excellent features and preformance.

But it is lacking in the looks department. It's ugly exhaust, fat looking side profile, weird looking tank. Granted some of that can be fixed but still.

Looks aren't everything but this type of motorcycle is basically a recreational toy, so looks do matter for a bike like this. I know someone will chime in "bUt I UsE mY ReBEl AS mY ONlY TrAnSporTatIon", yeah maybe but a 1000cc motorcycle is not the most efficient 2-wheeled vehicle for transportation. Anything 1000ccs and over is for recreation that maybe happens to double as transportation. Motorcycle cops maybe being the exception.

Registered
At last, glossy paints馃ぉ, I'm not fan of matte finish, at all, after miles of use, on some parts become glossy, and that's not pretty. And that borwn, for me like copper, me like

1 - 20 of 30 Posts