Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you I wasn't happy with the brick Honda decided to attach to the back of our bike. Unfortunately many of the mods in this forum weren't either to my liking or not feasible because of the lacking EU homologation. I got lucky at De Pretto Moto ( De Pretto Moto | Accessori Moto - Made in Italy ) more spcifically this product here ( Acessories Honda CMX500 REBEL 2017> machined from solid aluminium, designed and manufactured ​​in Italy by deprettomoto.com - deprettomoto.com )

Installation wasn't too hard. Getting the wiring back into place was a pain though. Speaking of the wiring, it's not plug and play. You will need to make a connector going from under the seat to halfway the back of the bike ( crimps are provided and already attached on the brake light side)

I ordered a brake light connector online as I didn't want to keep the original assembly in one piece and soldered the whole thing together as I felt more comfortable this way.

What I forgot is the fact that my licence plate isn't standard sized, which meant I had to cut away two of the mounting arms and slightly bend the signal lights to make everything fit. Since the reflector is mandatory here it managed to hide the rest of the licence plate holder quite well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 5 of 5 Posts