Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot has changed in the last week on my 300. Installed the Biltwell Keystone bars with new Biltwell grips. Installed some accent LED’s. Got the Willie & Max fork tool bag. Then the Viking Saddle bags, which for whatever reason were a lot more complicated to install than I would have liked, but she is coming together quite nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those bars look sweet! I have been debating getting a set of the same ones. What did you have to do to get them to work? Did you have to extend any lines, or did you just have to drill the throttle assembly hole?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered the same bags (arriving this week). What was tricky/complicated with the viking bags install? I ordered some metric bolts to use instead because I read online that they send standard instead. Appreciate the insight!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the Biltwell Keystone XL are these the XL or the regular keystone bars? They look good! Did you have any issues with cables?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I ordered the same bags (arriving this week). What was tricky/complicated with the viking bags install? I ordered some metric bolts to use instead because I read online that they send standard instead. Appreciate the insight!
I have the same bags installed on mine.
Isn't too hard, you just have to mark and drill the bags on your own.
Spend the time making sure one of the bags is lined up perfectly, then just use that one as a stencil.

Whole process took me around 30 minutes if I recall.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same bags installed on mine.
Isn't too hard, you just have to mark and drill the bags on your own.
Spend the time making sure one of the bags is lined up perfectly, then just use that one as a stencil.

Whole process took me around 30 minutes if I recall.
Wait... I have to drill into the bags??? I don't recall seeing that on the Viking website. Oh my days this is going to be tough.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wait... I have to drill into the bags??? I don't recall seeing that on the Viking website. Oh my days this is going to be tough.
Yes sir. Even though they show as compatible with our bikes, they are technically universal. So holes will need to be made.

My advise is to hold one of the bags against the fender, line it up the way you want it, mark on the outside of the bag where the bolts are touching it, then drill away.
Once one side fits well, just use it as a stencil against the remaining bag so it'll be even.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So just an FYI. I dont think that fork bag on the front is going to work. You have it installed on the lower forks where it will easily get hit and probably broken off in most bumps.
It has been installed for over a month now with no issues as of yet, but I’ll be on the look out for problems. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those bars look sweet! I have been debating getting a set of the same ones. What did you have to do to get them to work? Did you have to extend any lines, or did you just have to drill the throttle assembly hole?
I didn’t have to extend any lines but did have to drill holes for the throttle “nipple”, not sure the technical term. I recommend buying new grips because the stock ones where on the old bars pretty well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn’t have to extend any lines but did have to drill holes for the throttle “nipple”, not sure the technical term. I recommend buying new grips because the stock ones where on the old bars pretty well.

Awesome, thanks for the update!! My new bars should be in tomorrow and I am stoked to install them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the update!! My new bars should be in tomorrow and I am stoked to install them!

Which one did you buy? I also get my bars tomorrow and it sucks because I have to find a way to remove my new grips I put on two weeks ago...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which one did you buy? I also get my bars tomorrow and it sucks because I have to find a way to remove my new grips I put on two weeks ago...

I bought the keystones (not the xl). I have had luck taking the air nozzle from an air compressor and shooting it into the gap of the grip and that will usually remove the grips without damaging them. Good luck taking them off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts