Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed wireless phone charger/mount by ORCAS? If so where did you connect wiring...straight to battery or other? Installed today and all seemed to go well, attached to battery with connectors provided but when I started my bike everytime I clicked it into gear it would stall. Any help and advise greatly appreciated. Michelle.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds a little odd Michelle especially if you connected directly to the battery. What you describe could be indicative of a faulty or problematic side stand switch - i.e. the engine stalls when the side stand is up and you try to engage gear.

Try disconnecting the Orca and check the side stand switch is working and not sticking by starting when up while trying to engage a gear.

Any chance that you may have disturbed any of the many cables and relays on and in the battery compartment? Check all wires are snug in their connectors.

Sorry I can’t think of any other possibilities.

Good Luck

·
Registered
253 Posts
Next to the three relays - covered in black rubber boots - there is a large connector covered in semi transparent plastic. Make sure it is plugged in.

You can just about see it under the piece of black plastic to the right on this photograph I’ve nabbed.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Michelle...if you don't have the kickstand up the engine will kill as soon as you put it in gear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Next to the three relays - covered in black rubber boots - there is a large connector covered in semi transparent plastic. Make sure it is plugged in.

You can just about see it under the piece of black plastic to the right on this photograph I’ve nabbed.

Hope you get it sorted.
If you are referring to this semi-transparent boot there are 3 connectors ganged in the boot. These connectors have tab locks and it's highly unlikely they would have disconnected when Michelle was working around the battery compartment. Even if any or all 3 were disconnected these connectors are for the tail/stop light and the left and right turn signals and have no bearing on Michelle's situation.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thankyou everyone for your advise after checking everything over it seems a pesky blown fuse was to blame. All back up and running again. Time for a ride.
Good you figured out the problem. Here are the fuse blocks with labels (if your bike doesn't have ABS you won't have those particular fuses). The only other fuses would be the main fuse by the starter relay and if that was blown you wouldn't have been able to even start the bike and I'm assuming you put in an inline fuse for the phone charger which if blown would no produce the problem you were having.

Which fuse did you have to replace?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts