Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get the stock indicators changed, and I've been thinking about mounting them in one of the screw holes that holds the fender. See picture.
The problem is however, I'm not sure what size the original bolt is that sits there now. Kinda wanna be sure that the new indicators will actually fit in the hole :|

And while I'm at it here, anyone have some good recommandation to as how one would mount new ones at the front?
My thought is to have them at the same place they are now, but I'm open for suggestion on elsewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think nosinut put new indicators in the same spot you're looking to. He said he drilled hem out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
The fender bolt holes are too small for a standard indicator that feeds the wires through.... BUT... you can drill it out and use the turn signal bolts to hold the fender up. Someone else on here did that.
I'm going with another solution.

These are made to mount between the shocks and the fender, and that would work.
But I prefer my turn signals back farther, so I'm going to mount them on the rear fender bolts. I've already tested them. They'll work perfectly. And that way I don't have to drill out the fender hole.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fender bolt holes are too small for a standard indicator that feeds the wires through.... BUT... you can drill it out and use the turn signal bolts to hold the fender up. Someone else on here did that.
I'm going with another solution.

These are made to mount between the shocks and the fender, and that would work.
But I prefer my turn signals back farther, so I'm going to mount them on the rear fender bolts. I've already tested them. They'll work perfectly. And that way I don't have to drill out the fender hole.

Yeah the thought had crossed my mind that the size might be to small either way. Found some lights that has a M8 bolt however, but might still have to drill it..
Same as you, I would want them more at the back. I kinda like the look when they sit beside the shocks, it looks nice but not too sure how good it would work, how visible it actually is as soon as the bike ain't standing straight, if you understand. From straight behind the light would be visible, but have the bike at an angle, and they might not, and that concerns me a little.
But anyhow, mounting them at the back using the bolt you say. How would that work even? The indicators mount by a bolt, and that bolt would interfere with the fender? And the cables for the indicators would have to be exposed and go on the outside of the fender and in under it, don't like the thought of that. Just don't see how that would be practical or even decent looking. Please share a picture if you have.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rizoma do excellent high end led indicators. Billet aluminium and super bright. Most have an 8mm hollow fixing bolt so can be screwed into the fixing and the wiring passes through.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I'm looking to get the stock indicators changed, and I've been thinking about mounting them in one of the screw holes that holds the fender. See picture.
The problem is however, I'm not sure what size the original bolt is that sits there now. Kinda wanna be sure that the new indicators will actually fit in the hole :|

And while I'm at it here, anyone have some good recommandation to as how one would mount new ones at the front?
My thought is to have them at the same place they are now, but I'm open for suggestion on elsewhere.
Kellermann also habe 8mm screws

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’ve used these little brackets that go on the shock mounts.
I know it’s not what your trying to do, but I feel the little wider apart the lights are the less confusing to some of those dumb cagers when you indicate.
I'm quoting Twizz here because his part looks a lot like mine, but I think I like them even better.

Yes, I'm just holding it on there but I have tested the fit. You just pull out the back fender bolt, slide the larger hole in the bracket over your fender bolt, then reinstall. If you push the signal up and back before tightening, then it hides the nut and threads pretty well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm quoting Twizz here because his part looks a lot like mine, but I think I like them even better.

Yes, I'm just holding it on there but I have tested the fit. You just pull out the back fender bolt, slide the larger hole in the bracket over your fender bolt, then reinstall. If you push the signal up and back before tightening, then it hides the nut and threads pretty well.
Yeah I imagined it would be something like this that you were talking about. Don't really fanzy the look of that.
Think I'll go ahead and plan for mounting them where the bolt is, but also get the bracket for mounting on the shocks, to see what works best.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still unsure about how to go about the front ones thou, any advice on how to mount new ones there is greatly appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
982 Posts
Still unsure about how to go about the front ones thou, any advice on how to mount new ones there is greatly appreciated!!
If your using similar lights as the rears, these mounts are for those, eBay may have them, but Ive bought several sets from where I am, they are a bit of a tight fit on the forks but they won’t come loose.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your using similar lights as the rears, these mounts are for those, eBay may have them, but Ive bought several sets from where I am, they are a bit of a tight fit on the forks but they won’t come loose.
Kinda guess one would want those to be a little thight thou, so they don't move about. Thanks Twizz.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did what I think you have in mind. I used some good old fashioned brute force and ignorance to install them. Drilled out the original hole in order to make the signals fit. Then I ground down the fender support in order to get enough clearance to catch the nuts.
If you do go this route then also take into consideration that the wiring harness has to be routed very carefully, so as to not droop and hit the tire. (speaking from experience haha)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts