Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
I tried a pair of Kuryakyn that look exactly like that last year (might even be a pic in an old thread somewhere) but they looked too big on the bike IMO. plus without having any crash bars or anything to mount them too, they really weren't that effective / forward enough to be much of a difference to me.
took them back off 2 weeks later and sold them.

Registered
I've been looking for highway pegs for a couple weeks - my legs cramp really quickly and I tried an Airhawk seat pad but that didn't help at all, so I'm hoping stretching out will be more comfortable. I've ordered the Kuryakyn Longhorn offsets and the small Trident pegs - the pegs arrived today, the offsets should be here in a couple days. I'll post a pic when I get them mounted.

Registered
2020 Silver Rebel 500 ABS
I've been looking for highway pegs for a couple weeks - my legs cramp really quickly and I tried an Airhawk seat pad but that didn't help at all, so I'm hoping stretching out will be more comfortable. I've ordered the Kuryakyn Longhorn offsets and the small Trident pegs - the pegs arrived today, the offsets should be here in a couple days. I'll post a pic when I get them mounted.
I am in the same boat. After my first long 1hr ride this would be a great asset. My legs could use a more streched position.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Any updates

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
An UPDATE
Well I bought the kuryakin . It doesn't fit so I have to return it. Guess I'll have to get the forward controls

Registered
Any updates
I bought the pegs with the 1" clips (after measuring the frame at the front of the engine) and it didn't fit, so I've sent them back and have the 1 1/4" clips coming by the weekend. Hopefully these fit! From my short test with the smaller clips I can see it's going to be a bit of a challenge to get them mounted to the frame.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I too bought today the 1 inch and didn鈥檛 fit . it Hits the radiator . Can鈥檛 mount lower because theres no room with The engine mounts in the way. I returned them in store . Pls update . Thanks.

Registered
I am in the same boat. After my first long 1hr ride this would be a great asset. My legs could use a more streched position.
Yes mate, I agree 1 hour does feel like a "long ride" on the rotten stock seat. My previous bike - DL650 - didn't put my arse to sleep at all on a 4-hour ride to Auckland, but the Rebel makes you want to get off and stretch after just 30 minutes!

Registered
Update #2 - I received the 1 1/4" clamp version and the clamps were way too big. They also arrived heavily damaged (thanks amazon), so I've returned those too. Now I don't know what to try!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Update #2 - I received the 1 1/4" clamp version and the clamps were way too big. They also arrived heavily damaged (thanks amazon), so I've returned those too. Now I don't know what to try!
I guess unless we have the crash bars, were out of luck Unless someone can fabricate and sell to us :p

Registered
hi everyone, new to the forum and been trying to find info on highway peg, looks like no one has not found any resolution yet?
I was debating to get a crash bar as highway peg, but someone told me to stay away from it as it vibrates and in a weird angel too

Registered
I ended buying myself the pegs from T-Rex Racing (T-Rex Racing Universal Highway Pegs) for christmas. I haven't mounted them yet, I've been waiting for some better weather, but they seem to be high quality. I'm hoping they help with the long rides!
Look nice, I would like some as well.

Are you planning to mount to a "highway bar" or the frame downtubes?

Registered
They are designed to be mounted to the T-Rex engine guards, but I'm going to try to mount them just to the engine frame. I need to remove the engine mounting plate to get the clip in the right spot though, so it's going to take a bit of work! The nice thing about these is that you can leave the clips in place and remove the arms and pegs, so I can just put them on for longer rides.

Registered
I ended buying myself the pegs from T-Rex Racing (T-Rex Racing Universal Highway Pegs) for christmas. I haven't mounted them yet, I've been waiting for some better weather, but they seem to be high quality. I'm hoping they help with the long rides!
Nice! Please update us with how you go, man
Unfortunately I'm not from US, but hopefully won't be too expensive to ship to AU.
Which size did you get? 1" or 7/8"? Let us know the fit too please :)

Registered
Nice! Please update us with how you go, man
Unfortunately I'm not from US, but hopefully won't be to expensive to ship to AU.
Which size did you get? 1" or 7/8"? Let us know the fit too please :)
I'm also not from the US, shipping to Canada (with the import fees) was very expensive. If the border was open I could have picked it up in the States with free shipping, but instead it ended up costing about 50% of the price of the pegs themselves! I ordered the 1" clips - they seem too small for most of the frame because of some welds, but they do look like they'll fit where the engine mounting plate is.

I'll try to mount them soon and send an update. This is the third set of pegs I've ordered so I'm determined to make them work!

Registered
They are designed to be mounted to the T-Rex engine guards, but I'm going to try to mount them just to the engine frame. I need to remove the engine mounting plate to get the clip in the right spot though, so it's going to take a bit of work! The nice thing about these is that you can leave the clips in place and remove the arms and pegs, so I can just put them on for longer rides.
Ah yeah, I saw the picture that they mount it on the T-rex engine guard, which I personally think looks a bit weird and too wide.
Please let us know how you go with mounting it to the engine frame, share some pics would be awesome man :)

I'm not sure the part when you say 'leave the clips in place and remove the arms ang pegs', which clip you're referring to? do you mean that they can be flipped open and close easily?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts