Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning I was working on my 500 Rebel. Needed to move the gas tank and while it was sitting it shifted and fell. The fuel line and 3 pin connector were still attached and caught the tank. Fuel line looks fine and is still tight. However one of the 3 wires in the connector did snap. I need to replace this part and I’m not sure where to look. Please help.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500
216 Posts
Looks like a ground wire and it's probably part of the wire harness.
From the pic, I think you could replace the broken section with another piece of wire. Soldered in to the part that remains in the harness.
Here's the wire harness. I did not see the wire you show.
2019 Honda CMX500 A WIRE HARNESS | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

Here's the fuel tank parts diagram. I didn't see it there either.
2019 Honda CMX500 A FUEL TANK / FUEL PUMP | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

I would not worry about repairing what is broken in the pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a ground wire and it's probably part of the wire harness.
From the pic, I think you could replace the broken section with another piece of wire. Soldered in to the part that remains in the harness.
Here's the wire harness. I did not see the wire you show.
2019 Honda CMX500 A WIRE HARNESS | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

Here's the fuel tank parts diagram. I didn't see it there either.
2019 Honda CMX500 A FUEL TANK / FUEL PUMP | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

I would not worry about repairing what is broken in the pic.
thank you nbsdave! Your idea of soldering the wirse together is a smart idea. If I cannot find a new part I’m going that route. I called a local Honda parts store and they couldn’t find which connector it was either. Im not going to not worry about it however, because when I turn the bike on the fuel gauge flashes empty and it won’t sit idle. The bike starts up just fine for 2 seconds and shuts itself off. I’m guessing it’s a sensor that measures tank fuel level

1 - 4 of 4 Posts