Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting extremely close to getting a Rebel. Figured this would be the ideal time to buy.
I am planning on financing fyi.

Local dealer has a lone 2017 300 Abs for "$3,699" 1k off the regular MSRP...Their 2018 Rebel 300s are regular price. After all all the fun tax, dmv, frieght, etc the OTD quote I got was $5800.

$5800. To me from what ive seen on the forum and other prices, seems like its a bit much for a previous year model that is "on reduced sale for 1k off" Im sure they will price match with other local dealers if i find a better deal, yet most the dealers dont have anymore '17s. I didnt try talking them down yet, and i know theres not very much margins on these cheaper smaller displacement bikes, so not much wiggle room.
Think i should wait out a better deal? Offer 5200? Just not sure if im getting ripped off. I understand dealer markups..well i thought i did. Haha. 3,699 to 5,800 otd just sounds a little off..

Thanks in advance and happy riding

·
Registered
111 Posts
7th line down...Dealer prep fee: $960....that's the problem!!!

They dropped the price of the bike by $1k...then added the (almost) $1k back in dealer prep. I may end up buying new, and there's a small town dealer near me that advertises 'no prep fee'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7th line down...Dealer prep fee: $960....that's the problem!!!

They dropped the price of the bike by $1k...then added the (almost) $1k back in dealer prep. I may end up buying new, and there's a small town dealer near me that advertises 'no prep fee'.
Yeah I think thats where they are trying to screw me, not sure how much of that i can negotiate off tho without pissing them off..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try to find a dealer with little or no dealer prep, and see if a new 2018 is cheaper? (or at least almost the same) Because the rough calculation I'm coming up with...is yes, it will be cheaper. (even with what looks like a 9.3% sales tax.)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Also, I think tax should only apply to the price of the bike, not the destination and prep fees.

For reference, total tax, prep and destination fees for my $5900 bike was only $1100.

They're charging twice that for a bike that's over $2k less.

·
Registered
717 Posts
All things considered that price isn't so bad. That dealer prep fee, though, is a lot. Also, shouldn't the tax be based on the actual price and not on the msrp? I think it should be 10% or $369.

Just so you know, dealers around here have started adding "additional markup" on their bikes. I was looking at a $7,000 that had an added markup of $1700.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Getting extremely close to getting a Rebel. Figured this would be the ideal time to buy.
I am planning on financing fyi.

Local dealer has a lone 2017 300 Abs for "$3,699" 1k off the regular MSRP...Their 2018 Rebel 300s are regular price. After all all the fun tax, dmv, frieght, etc the OTD quote I got was $5800.

$5800. To me from what ive seen on the forum and other prices, seems like its a bit much for a previous year model that is "on reduced sale for 1k off" Im sure they will price match with other local dealers if i find a better deal, yet most the dealers dont have anymore '17s. I didnt try talking them down yet, and i know theres not very much margins on these cheaper smaller displacement bikes, so not much wiggle room.
Think i should wait out a better deal? Offer 5200? Just not sure if im getting ripped off. I understand dealer markups..well i thought i did. Haha. 3,699 to 5,800 otd just sounds a little off..

Thanks in advance and happy riding
Here's a lightly used 300

https://www.facebook.com/groups/socalrebelriders/permalink/910284229163606/

·
Registered
717 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts