Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,..

Only had my rebel for just under a week,...
And I must confess Im loving it.

Bought the accessories before the bike arrived,...
so far I've swapped the standard bars for a H2C drag bar and added the bar end mirrors and Triumph boot gaiters and relocated the speedo to the left side of the frame.

In the post, belly pan, rider backrest and a twin exhaust.

Cheers, and happy ridding.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks awesome so far!

For the H2C bars, did you have to install the risers for the bars not to hit the gas tank? Like can you lock out the bars on both sides and still use the fork locks?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy..

Yep, no risers installed, bike locks fine without any issues to tank or speedo, riding position is more leaned forward though, but a kinda feel more comfortable for me like that.

Ian.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh okay, nice to hear... I've read on other threads that they needed the risers or else the bar would touch the tank & also make the fork lock unuseable.

Good to hear thats not the case. Going to probably have to go for it then haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you link where you bought the boot gaiters? Bike is looking good, just need to get rid of that big ugly exhaust. So you can see more of that swing arm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are the rear pegs stock Honda pegs or 3rd party?
I have been looking for rear pegs but do not want the stock rear seat, I am going for a new combo front and rear seat.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Are the rear pegs stock Honda pegs or 3rd party?
I have been looking for rear pegs but do not want the stock rear seat, I am going for a new combo front and rear seat.
I don't think there is anyway to get the second peg mount without buying their seat kit. Unless you can find someone selling theirs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Can you link where you bought the boot gaiters? Bike is looking good, just need to get rid of that big ugly exhaust. So you can see more of that swing arm.
Solux,

Steady Garage has the fork gaiters. I bought mine there and they fit perfectly.

Kenny G

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Brams, I think the back rest looks interesting. Could you post a wider side picture please? Something showing the profile of the whole bike?

Cheers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey man is looking Great, love the re positioning of the speedometer, the drag bar looks awesome, the mirrors are a nice touch, back rest and the back grid not a fan, but to each its own, nice work :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Solux,

Steady Garage has the fork gaiters. I bought mine there and they fit perfectly.

Kenny G
Kenny,

I heard the gaiters can be installed but slitting them at the seam and glueing them back together, how did you install yours?
Not real anxious to disassemble the front end just to put them on. Any tips on installing them?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Kenny,

I heard the gaiters can be installed but slitting them at the seam and glueing them back together, how did you install yours?
Not real anxious to disassemble the front end just to put them on. Any tips on installing them?

Thanx
Hackers,

I waited until I needed to change the front tire. It is only a few minute job to loosen the front brake caliper and drop the forks.

I was going to split the boots to install them and I have done that on other bikes. The only catch is you almost have to remove the boots when you get caught in the rain or wash the bike to dry the fork tubes to prevent rust.

Kenny G

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After what seemed like an eternity, today i received the belly pan/ fairing for my rebel!!!

Feels and looks sturdy enough, as this one is a one piece unit. I discarded the LED lights from bottom of belly pan and started mounting the belly pan (would have been a five minute job).
Had to remove the factory radiator grill cover and replaced the two shorter bolts on the rad to accommodate the belly pan..... but!!! the paintwork was atrocious, whilst fitting it onto the rebel, it just started flaking of.
Quick sand down and sprayed it in mat heat resistant paint grills and all.

Still not quite sure if happy with it, might even respray it with gloss black in future.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts