Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I agree. Only three choices this year a fluro bright green, a camo brown sort of color ( better than it sounds ) and this dark metallic gray.
Only been riding about a month and loving it so far, as much power as I need and not enough to get me into trouble ;-)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had a top case briefly last summer but ultimately took it off/sold it, as I found it caused more vibration than I liked in the front due to the weight change/imbalance

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a top case briefly last summer but ultimately took it off/sold it, as I found it caused more vibration than I liked in the front due to the weight change/imbalance
Good lord how much were you loading into that thing?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi OP, if you don't mind me asking. What did you do to make that rear stand work with the exhaust still on. Thanks.
cut off most of that bolt and rounded it off. I'll take pics later but we have the remnants of Barry dumping rain on us today.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take the spring off both sides, it makes it easier.
Make the bolt as short as you can and still leave room for the pin hole.
Then round off the end as much as possible.
I used a band saw, a drill press, and an angle grinder with a flapper disc in it. But I could have done it all ( and have done far tougher things ) with just a file, drill and hacksaw. You probobly have a neighbor with all the necessary tools and a missing $10.00 hole in his wallet.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Take the spring off both sides, it makes it easier.
Make the bolt as short as you can and still leave room for the pin hole.
Then round off the end as much as possible.
I used a band saw, a drill press, and an angle grinder with a flapper disc in it. But I could have done it all ( and have done far tougher things ) with just a file, drill and hacksaw. You probobly have a neighbor with all the necessary tools and a missing $10.00 hole in his wallet.
Wow. Thanks .

·
Registered
742 Posts
Good lord how much were you loading into that thing?
hardly anything at all. a pair of shoes (to swap with my riding boots when i got where i was going) and an extra shirt. so not even 5 lbs inside -plus the weight of the bracket and top case.
didn't seem right, but to be fair i didn't give it much chance. after I took it off to compare riding without it, the vibrations in the bars were gone, so i just left it off and figure if I ever need to carry more stuff than will fit in my side bags, i'll carry a backpack or strap stuff to the rear fender with a cargo net.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I keep one of these under my speedometer, takes up no space and is handy as can be. Around $15 on ebay and other places.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put an Endurastan tool bag under the luggage rack on top of the fender ( will take pics ) it holds all my flat tire stuff and will get some essential tools ( it's not like I can rebuild the motor on the side of the road ), now I only need to add the top case when I need to stow the helmet and crash jacket.
BTW that Givi case saved the bike the other day, more to come.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the Enduristan tool bag under the luggage rack, over the fender. Lashes in there pretty good, will get it's first ride tomorrow.
Don't know why this website keeps twisting my pics to one side :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the Flyscreen from RevZilla after one week after I waited a full month to hear back from Dart whereupon I cancelled that order and went to the RZ site.

THIS TINY THING IS PERFECT!
A nice robust and easy to install mount and even at 85mph I only feel the wind on my head, which is what I wanted.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts