Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
- New tail light and indicators from Japan, rears came with an extension harness and OEM connectors, bolt-on or plug and play install.

- Fork boots. Cut the boots down the middle of the seam...glued them with flexible gel super glue...turned out great!!!

Next...black out the top of the fork tubes with vinyl, then install the matching front indicators.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow, it's been a busy week with the Rebel:

- Fork boots
- Blacked out the fork tubes
- Matching front "Daytona" indicators
- Hella Horn replacement, got a set of Hella horns, installed the 480hz over the 380hz which is ALLLLLOT louder than stock...sounds like a car proper car horn now.

- Reused the metal strip-shaped bracket from the OEM horn, plugs in without trimming any plastic.
- Cut 2 pieces of black vinyl, 19cm x 13.5cm, had to trim off 1mm making it 18.9cm x 13.5cm (may vary depending how your fork is installed). The sides will overlap a bit, positioned it so the overlap occurs on the inside of the fork tube, out of plain sight.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I’ve been contemplating for a while fitting A Hella or Sound bomb, but I don’t want to get chased or shot at.
A few blips of the throttle usually does the trick without repercussions here, but would be less satisfying than a loud burst on the horn.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Hella horn is such an easy mod that is bolt-on and reversible within minutes.

I’ve been contemplating for a while fitting A Hella or Sound bomb, but I don’t want to get chased or shot at.
A few blips of the throttle usually does the trick without repercussions here, but would be less satisfying than a loud burst on the horn.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just arrived today:

CNC machined adjustable long levers from Amazon, black rear footpegs from Zeed...so excited to slap these goodies on.

Not so sure about the "Fashion Style" footpegs hahahahaha, but hoping it's not that obvious from far. Hoping they're going to look nice and work well once installed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
There’s a ton of that brand in mostly all the accessory shops here, very popular with the little Honda waves, clicks,finos, etc etc, how long those footpegs will last, who knows!
Let us know how they hold up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's going to be a busy next couple of weeks in the garage:

Woodcraft quick-install Clip-on bars with 3" risers (fork removal NOT REQUIRED)
Bitwell Torker grips
Hurricane Speedo relocator (relocates speedo in front of triple clamp)
Daytona Adjustable mirrors
CNC machined black indicator clamps

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Sli,
Very nice fork in black :)
Do you have a link for the forks boots ? Or maybe some dimensions ?
Very smart to cut them ! Easier than unmount the fork :D The glue held with the compression of the fork ?

I see you order many things from Japan. You have some links of webshop ?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, for the fork boots, glue is 100% fine. Rain storms and bike washes is no problem at all. They are labelled for Harleys, got them on ebay way back for around $25, search for:
HardDrive 41mm Fork Boots, 9in. - Black

I love shopping with Webike Japan, they carry lots of quality accessories made in Japan. The other stuff I order from Zeed or ebay or anywhere.

Hi Sli,
Very nice fork in black :)
Do you have a link for the forks boots ? Or maybe some dimensions ?
Very smart to cut them ! Easier than unmount the fork :D The glue held with the compression of the fork ?

I see you order many things from Japan. You have some links of webshop ?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got some things done today since it's Victoria day over here in Canada:

- Installed the speedo relocation bracket, had to rip out the OEM cable bracket/organizer, the tabs for the stock indicators was blocking the clamp for the clip-on bars.
- Test-fit the 3" riser clip-on bars. Pretty close to the stock bar location (i have H2C risers in the pics).

One step closer to cleaning out the triple-tree.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Took the headlamp assembly off. Separated the headlight brackets and removed the smaller one. Lined up the large bracket with the outer silver casing, fastened the 3 screws. Taped up the LED headlight in the position where I want it, then taped it up. Got to get the right tapping bit tomorrow to thread a hole in the LED casing. Then maybe I'll spray the outer casing black, complete the wiring for the halo wire (tap it to the white lowbeam wire) and put it all back together.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts