Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far I'm loving this bike I ride it almost every day.
What's been done:
Exaust like emgo
Added harley bags
Upholstered seats both rider and pillion

To come:
Britwell keystone bar
A bit wider pegs for traveling
Belly pan
Gear indicator
Passenger bar(I have a black mate one but I gotta adjust it by welding the holes a bit further apart)

So far that's what I wanna do and have done.

Give me ur opinions on it :)

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like the bike!! I didn't see a listing for the flipped mirrors, which happen to be on the wishlist for my Rebel 500 ABS. I am the second owner of my bike, so I inherited all the creature comforts that were added to mine, including the gear indicator.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the bike!! I didn't see a listing for the flipped mirrors, which happen to be on the wishlist for my Rebel 500 ABS. I am the second owner of my bike, so I inherited all the creature comforts that were added to mine, including the gear indicator.
Actually I completely forgot I've had the flipped mirrors for a while I dont even notice it anymore haha ty for pointing it out to me :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the seat. It looks just right.
Yeah I had it upholstered and costumized, didn't want to waste 200 on some seat on the Internet especially knowing that they weren't all that confortable

·
Registered
494 Posts
I customised mine but never took it for professional covering. Yours makes me think I should have done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I customised mine but never took it for professional covering. Yours makes me think I should have done.
Can you post a photo would like to see yours :) I took it to a professional cause in Honda they asked me 300 euros for the upholstery and I took it to a small old business witch the guy is one of those guys who does and always did this for a living who did it for 60 euros both in the same day exactly how I asked him too honestly my car is going there to upholster the seats too love that man's work

·
Registered
494 Posts
Can you post a photo would like to see yours :) I took it to a professional cause in Honda they asked me 300 euros for the upholstery and I took it to a small old business witch the guy is one of those guys who does and always did this for a living who did it for 60 euros both in the same day exactly how I asked him too honestly my car is going there to upholster the seats too love that man's work

This is mine, Bruno. Extra foam (neoprene) made the seat flat. Then I covered it with neoprene sheet. That was slippery so I added a thin layer of neoprene foam. Firm but very comfortable now, and grippy (not pretty though!).

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is mine, Bruno. Extra foam (neoprene) made the seat flat. Then I covered it with neoprene sheet. That was slippery so I added a thin layer of neoprene foam. Firm but very comfortable now, and grippy (not pretty though!).

It's confortable is what matters most over looks anyways, you made it wider or is it my Impression?

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's confortable is what matters most over looks anyways, you made it wider or is it my Impression?

It is the same overall dimensions (width and length) as the original. Some of the original seat remains in front and behind my modification parts. Being flatter may make it look wider.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is the same overall dimensions (width and length) as the original. Some of the original seat remains in front and behind my modification parts. Being flatter may make it look wider.
Did you also work the pillion seat?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did you also work the pillion seat?

My pillion seat is never used so I have left it as it is. It looks good and is flat, but it would need extra width to properly support the 'sit bones', as well as probably depth. Those bones are key to seat design for me, hence my wish for a flat surface.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My pillion seat is never used so I have left it as it is. It looks good and is flat, but it would need extra width to properly support the 'sit bones', as well as probably depth. Those bones are key to seat design for me, hence my wish for a flat surface.
I changed mine to fit the look, even thou I don't ride with no one, sometimes my sister comes along but my fiance is not very fond of bike, so pillion sit is rarely used, but sinse I got the bags I use the pillion to strap them in place, also looks great with the sissy bar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts