Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought my rebel 300 and it’s at 350km now! I don’t know how to feel about this but I love modding bikes and it’s already transformed before reaching a month on the road.

Here’s what I’ve added so far:
* Aftermarket muffler (it’s so super loud that I wish I could quieten it just to avoid police attention but it does have an amazing rumble)
* Belly panel fairing
* Headlight cowl
* Drag bar (without riser so the ignition switch is hitting the tank on a full right turn lock)
* Fork gaiters
* Side covers to hide the empty space above engine
* Tank cover

Already looks amazing and is a sure head turner but I’m not quite done yet!

I still want to get rid of the whole tail light/indicator bundle on the rear fender and place bullet indicators on the sides of the fender that have multiple LED rings to light up tail, brake and indicator lights to not have that center tail light. I’m still not too sure about what I want for the front signals though, throw me some suggestions please 🙂
Oh and ofcourse I will vinyl the top part of the forks. I really want to get a Corbin seat but it’s so expensive compared to what I’m guessing is a copy by a brand called motozaa so I might just get that one.
Pics attached!!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! I particularly like that headlight cowl. Do you notice any reduction in wind blast at speed with it? Or is it still not high enough to have any impact?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I particularly like that headlight cowl. Do you notice any reduction in wind blast at speed with it? Or is it still not high enough to have any impact?
Not high enough for any impact I think because I don’t notice any difference. The top of it is just about the height of the speedo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Recently bought my rebel 300 and it’s at 350km now! I don’t know how to feel about this but I love modding bikes and it’s already transformed before reaching a month on the road.

Here’s what I’ve added so far:
* Aftermarket muffler (it’s so super loud that I wish I could quieten it just to avoid police attention but it does have an amazing rumble)
* Belly panel fairing
* Headlight cowl
* Drag bar (without riser so the ignition switch is hitting the tank on a full right turn lock)
* Fork gaiters
* Side covers to hide the empty space above engine
* Tank cover

Already looks amazing and is a sure head turner but I’m not quite done yet!

I still want to get rid of the whole tail light/indicator bundle on the rear fender and place bullet indicators on the sides of the fender that have multiple LED rings to light up tail, brake and indicator lights to not have that center tail light. I’m still not too sure about what I want for the front signals though, throw me some suggestions please 🙂
Oh and ofcourse I will vinyl the top part of the forks. I really want to get a Corbin seat but it’s so expensive compared to what I’m guessing is a copy by a brand called motozaa so I might just get that one.
Pics attached!!

Link for the headlight cowl please thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: Police made me take the exhaust off 😞 Anyone know a good looking muffler thats not too loud?

·
Registered
89 Posts
UPDATE: Police made me take the exhaust off 😞 Anyone know a good looking muffler thats not too loud?
Can you just pack the muffler? Try using stainless steel scouring pads or buy an actual muffler repacking kit (ebay and Amazon have them cheap) Either option would decrease noise which may allow the cops to leave you alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you just pack the muffler? Try using stainless steel scouring pads or buy an actual muffler repacking kit (ebay and Amazon have them cheap) Either option would decrease noise which may allow the cops to leave you alone.
I'm all for it if it works but how would i have the stainless steel scouring pads to stay in? This muffler does sound pretty nice and IMO its not loud enough from a 5m distance for them to argue about it. The cop that stopped me literally stayed next to the bike and told me to rev it. I did a quick google on muffler repacking and looks like its meant for dirt bikes and they need regular changing? Sounds like work :unsure:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm all for it if it works but how would i have the stainless steel scouring pads to stay in? This muffler does sound pretty nice and IMO its not loud enough from a 5m distance for them to argue about it. The cop that stopped me literally stayed next to the bike and told me to rev it. I did a quick google on muffler repacking and looks like its meant for dirt bikes and they need regular changing? Sounds like work :unsure:
Well you'd be packing the scouring pads down to the base of the muffler so they shouldn't just pop out. A lot of mufflers have packing, not just dirt bikes. Even cars can have packing. And it likely depends on what packing you use. Stainless steel would last a while as even if it gets wet it's not going to break down like other packing materials. But yes, everything is work. Just like changing your oil is work. Only the packing material can last 10,000 miles without problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you'd be packing the scouring pads down to the base of the muffler so they shouldn't just pop out. A lot of mufflers have packing, not just dirt bikes. Even cars can have packing. And it likely depends on what packing you use. Stainless steel would last a while as even if it gets wet it's not going to break down like other packing materials. But yes, everything is work. Just like changing your oil is work. Only the packing material can last 10,000 miles without problems.
I’ve given the can to a mechanic who’s gonna make basically a baffle with scouring pads like you said, should have it back with an update within 3 days

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. What state are you from . I have the vance and hines here in california and the law enforcement leave me alone .
I’m in a tiny country called Maldives, tiny tiny city called Male’ and the sound regulations don’t even have set rules like a db limit, if the cop that stops you thinks your bike is too loud, the bike’s off to the tow yard which is just an open sand area walled off. Once it’s there they’ll get you to bring back a stock muffler and install it there before you can take the bike back. They also hold onto the aftermarket muffler too! I got lucky and managed to talk them into letting me go to bring the bike “fixed” to them within a 2 hour time limit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Curious as to how and where the headlight cowl mounts. I notice you don't have mirrors in those pics, can you/do you ride like that? I have the TBR slip on exhaust, they make a DB Killer insert that's supposed to reduce the noise level by 5 to 7 decibels. It's still pretty loud with the insert, currently running without it and so far so good with any authorities.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curious as to how and where the headlight cowl mounts. I notice you don't have mirrors in those pics, can you/do you ride like that? I have the TBR slip on exhaust, they make a DB Killer insert that's supposed to reduce the noise level by 5 to 7 decibels. It's still pretty loud with the insert, currently running without it and so far so good with any authorities.
The cowl comes with a bracket that attaches to the handlebar riser where the speedo goes.
That was the day I was trying to fit my bar end mirrors but didn't finish it and I forgot to put the stock ones back on before I went out :D
I'm pretty sure the TBR exhaust would be too loud for my area :( looks and sounds great though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: I’ve modified the Diablo exhaust a bit and got it down to acceptable sound levels.
Drilled out the rivets holding the cap in place and threaded the holes to take screws instead. Also drilled a hole to the inside of the cap and threaded that to bolt in a baffle.
Got a 48mm universal baffle and packed it with fibreglass wool, stuck it in and bolted it and now it sounds fairly quiet at idle and has an okay growl while riding but no more oomph bass :( oh well still looks better than stock

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts