Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago a van reversed into me which resulted in the damage of my front mudguard and headlight mount. Instead of getting rid of the damaged parts I thought I would make something out of them. Using the damaged front mudguard I cut it down and smoothed out the broken edge. On it I mounted a rear brake light from a Bonneville T120. I also removed the headlight from the mounting bracket and sprayed it satin black. I now have to cut down the original rear mudguard struts in order to mount the seat and regulator/rectifier and also to make a more permanent mount for the new rear mudguard.
Will keep you updated

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few months ago a van reversed into me which resulted in the damage of my front mudguard and headlight mount. Instead of getting rid of the damaged parts I thought I would make something out of them. Using the damaged front mudguard I cut it down and smoothed out the broken edge. On it I mounted a rear brake light from a Bonneville T120. I also removed the headlight from the mounting bracket and sprayed it satin black. I now have to cut down the original rear mudguard struts in order to mount the seat and regulator/rectifier and also to make a more permanent mount for the new rear mudguard.
Will keep you updated

good job sir

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys sorry for the late reply I have been busy enjoying all the hot weather we are having over in England at the moment. So the exhaust I am using at the moment is actually off of a Triumph Rocket III. The diameter is slightly larger than the standard exhaust so I fashioned up a gasket for it also to be a much more snug fit. I had previously removed the entire exhaust system and using my dremel I got it all down to base metal and resprayed it with black VHT as it was losing its colour. It sounds so throaty like a lion with this end can on. God knows what it would sound like with a straight through system on !!!

In regards to how I mounted the mudguard to the rear, I first offered it up to the back to see where I could mount it. The first logical thing I could see was to secure it to the cross member on the rear frame loop. I drilled 3 holes into the member and in through to the custom mudguard and attached with bolts and large washers. It's a temporary fix for now until I make something more sturdy but it's doing the trick quite well. Eventually I plan to shape the original gloss black mudguard to the shape I have on there now and mount the rear light onto it.

So
Exhaust - Triumph Rocket III
Rear brake light- Triumph Bonneville T120
Indicators- Triumph street twin

This bike is becoming a Honda triumph hybrid 🙂

My next modification planned will be a change of bars and some white walls.
Thankyou for all the compliments !!! Really pays off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts