Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
My ABS brake light will not go off and then it blinks while riding. My brakes seem to work fine. Any thoughts before I head to the shop with my 500?

Thanks,
Tree

·
Registered
125 Posts
All the manual says on that is that there's a serious fault in the system and ABS is NOT working..doesnt really specify. But it also says that your braking power isn't impacted and you'll continue to be able to brake as normal, so you won't notice a difference.

Take it to the dealer ASAP because on the off chance you're relying on ABS alone (I know I've been a bit laxed with my braking habits lately knowing there's a cushion)....it's going to catch you off guard in an emergency situation. Could be a damaged sensor or a faulty line, no telling unless inspected.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the blinks will indicate a fault...there are two blinks...long blink is 1.3 sec...short blink is .3 sec

watch the blink pattern noting how many long and short blinks are produced before it repeats itself

the type of fault in the ABS system can then be determined

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, the problem ended up being, the light came on because when I pulled out of my rock driveway I skidded on the rocks and the ABS kicked in, causing the light to go on. The light will stay on for about 10 min after and when riding the ABS will blink for some time, then it will time out and go back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts